Prospective Owners 3160EL

Greetings Bighorn Owners, we are currently SOB owners and considering a purchase of a Bighorn 3160EL. We are seeking comments and advice relative to our chosen model and would appreciate any comments, positive and negative (if they exist). We are experienced fifth wheel owners and have spent several winters rving the southwest and wintering in the Arizona area. We also enjoy travelling the Oregon/Washington coast in the fall and northwest Montana. We are planning to do more extended travel in the near future and have been looking for a fifth wheel to meet those "almost full-time"needs. We love the floor plan and features on the 3160 and feel it would meet our expectations when spending more time on the road. Look forward to some great advice from Bighorn owners and appreciate anything you have to share. Safe travels, Dave and Angie

jbeletti

Hi Dave and Angie,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I'm sure you're going to get a lot of feedback on your questions. In the end, I hope you end up becoming proud Heartland owners and that we'll get a chance to meet you down the road.

And if you do end up joining the Heartland family, you'll qualify to join the Heartland Owners Club. Then the real fun begins, once you start coming to some amazing rallies out your way in the Pacific and Mountain Regions and when you venture further north and east, in our 5 other Regions!

Wishing you all the best!

jimtoo

Hi Dave and Angie,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Jim M

Az_Ernie

We are very satisfied 3160EL owners and for us, this mid-sized fifth wheel trailer has met all our expectations and needs. We would gladly try to answer any questions you may have concerning this model.

Last edited:

'Lil Guy'

Welcome to the forum. Though our BH isn't the 3160, all BH's are nice. We love ours. Just comes down to the length and floor plan you choose. Like Jim was saying, the best part of owning that HL rig is you're eligible to join the HOC. What a great way to break up those long trips being able to stop at the rallies all over the U S and visit with friends and make new ones. Plus, you can begin to put faces to the names of people you meet on the forum. Good luck on your new purchase and hope to meet you down the road.

DougS

Doug S
Greetings Bighorn Owners, we are currently SOB owners and considering a purchase of a Bighorn 3160EL. We are seeking comments and advice relative to our chosen model and would appreciate any comments, positive and negative (if they exist). We are experienced fifth wheel owners and have spent several winters rving the southwest and wintering in the Arizona area. We also enjoy travelling the Oregon/Washington coast in the fall and northwest Montana. We are planning to do more extended travel in the near future and have been looking for a fifth wheel to meet those "almost full-time"needs. We love the floor plan and features on the 3160 and feel it would meet our expectations when spending more time on the road. Look forward to some great advice from Bighorn owners and appreciate anything you have to share. Safe travels, Dave and Angie

Dave and Angie, we have owned our 3160 EL for just over a year now and we believe it needs all of our needs. This RV is just a little shorter in length then our past 2011 LM, and that slight difference makes maneuvering so much easier. Good luck on your final decision.

CoveredWagon

Oh oh maybe I shouldn't say anything here LOL We seriously looked the 3160 but chose the 3270 instead. First of all we wanted a king size bed, our Shih Tzu gets the middle half, and we preferred the kitchen pantry in the 3270. I admit I like the placement of the washer dryer set up in the 3160 from a weight distribution stand point, but we dont plan on getting one, so, and I wish they'd let you opt to have the 3160 bedroom closet. The shower in the 3270 was more than satisfactory for us and there is a nice linen closet in the bathroom. I just wish they'd reverse the bathroom door. But those are just our thoughts. All the BH are beautiful coaches. Best to you with which ever you choose.

Dave

CoveredWagon

Should take less than 30 mins to flip the door to open the other way. Just move hinges to other side and notch out a space for door latch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I think I'd read that somewhere and was going to give that a try. Since we haven't actually picked up the coach yet, that's a long story, I thought we see if I really need to do that. Just looking at the floor plan though I think I do.

thanks

Dave

Oregon_Camper

I think I'd read that somewhere and was going to give that a try. Since we haven't actually picked up the coach yet, that's a long story, I thought we see if I really need to do that. Just looking at the floor plan though I think I do.

thanks

Dave
I thought about flipping it, but quickly came to enjoy the factory setting. We leave door open and it gives direct access to the bedroom.... Basically giving you a feeling of a larger space in bathroom

CoveredWagon

I thought about flipping it, but quickly came to enjoy the factory setting. We leave door open and it gives direct access to the bedroom.... Basically giving you a feeling of a larger space in bathroom

We have a 3270RS which has a sliding door from the bedroom to the bathroom so ours is a little different issue. If we have guests they might have to come into the bedroom to get by the bathroom door. Time will tell

Dave

Thanks to all for your comments, we appreciate them. Still riding the ol fence on the decision but will have to make some moves on it soon.

rono

We just picked our 3160EL up the first of march and boy we really love the room. We had a 2012 3070rl. We had the factory flip the bathroom door to open from the right and I'm glad we did. I put one of those magnetic door stops on the wall and door and that works great. I think you'll really love the floor plan. Oh by the way the newer 3160ELs now have mega slides on both sides, really opens up the coach. Glad we went with the 3160 and not 3270.

Go-Fly

Welcome to the forum. We are full time in our 3760 and enjoy the open floor plan and walk around island in the kitchen. The seven foot slide outs make the trailer feel bigger. The big windows and sitting across from the tv is a plus. The closet for the washer and dryer was big enough for a stackable apartment model that had a gas dryer. We can do sheets and blankets with no problems. Even when we are dry camping the gen will run both the washer and dryer at the same time. We too like to spend time on the Oregon coast and have spent most of the winter in Yuma Az. The trailer has been pretty trouble free other then the typical rv stuff. We have a little over 5000k miles on our trips so far and feel very comfortable on the road. Pull the trigger and join us on the road.

Last edited:
We did a lot of research and decided on the Bighorn 3160. We ordered ours this week with a 4-6 week delivery date. Can't wait to get our unit.
We didn't order the whole body paint.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Keepsgettingbetter and congratulations on your new Bighorn order.
Once you get that beauty consider joining the Heartland Owners Club and attending a few rallies.
Oh, and I combined your two posts as they were both similar.

Peace
Dave