Pullrite Super 5th Industry Standard Rail

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have a Pullrite Super 5th ISR that came out of my 09 Chevy 3500HD. This hitch does not use Pullrite's proprietary rails. It uses "the other guys". The Truck was totaled so I don't have the rails. I got a new 13 Chevy 3500HD that I want to put some rails in. Does anybody know if industry standard means that I can use rails from Reese,Curt, or whoever because they are "industry standard"

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Bill... Sounds weird that the Pullrite super 5th would not fit a Pullrite rail, but have you tried calling them? They now have a choice of three different types of rails available. They have the standard universal rail and I think one is called a super bracket and the higher end is an underbed type of rail similar to the B&W system. I would give them a call and see if maybe they can fix you up with something. Crazy that they would not have product to support their product.
By the way, we're kinda neighbors.... My dad was from Winnsboro (both parents are now buried there) I lived there a couple of times also.

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks! I just called them and they confirmed that the ISR Series hitch will work with any of the in the bed rails from other companies such as Reese or Curt. The Superbracket(custom fit with no frame drilling) for ISR is expensive...over $300. That is what prompted the question. Reese has a similar offering for about $80 less.

Small world! Winnsboro is a nice little town. It was beginning to boom while Mack Truck had a plant there. The plant has since closed.