Question about landmark sewer & grey waterer pipes under rig

Eric1234

Hi everyone,

my my name is Eric, my wife and I are contemplating purchasing a new landmark Fifth wheel. One of my hang ups is the sewer and grey water pipes under the trailer. Besides it looking like (explative). Has anyone hit any roads debris or had any problems with it.

thanks for your time,

Eric

jimtoo

Hi Eric,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I have pulled many miles and never had a problem with the sewer pipes being where they are and I don't remember anyone having a problem with them. It's not just Heartland, it's just about all manufactures do it the same way.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

jbeletti

Hi everyone,

my my name is Eric, my wife and I are contemplating purchasing a new landmark Fifth wheel. One of my hang ups is the sewer and grey water pipes under the trailer. Besides it looking like (explative). Has anyone hit any roads debris or had any problems with it.

thanks for your time,

Eric

Eric,

I've had 8 Landmarks and they all varied in terms of how much pipe was exposed and how low the lowest point was. I'd say my current Landmark, a Newport, has the most exposed sewer pipe and may be the lowest as well.

Personally, I've never broken any exterior sewer pipe from scraping it on the road or other debris. Heartland has sold a very large number of Landmarks - possibly more than any other floor plan and I don't recall anyone snagging the sewer pipes.

danemayer

The sewer outlet is usually in line with the wheels. Any road hazard that takes out your sewer line is probably going to cause a pretty bad day when your tires hit it.

Eric1234

Thank you for taking your time to respond to my question. I currently have a carriage cameo and the pipes are all tucked up. It just didn't seem right to me.

eric

farside291

I have had my Big Country for 3.5 years now and that was the first question I asked about The pipes are awfully low, my other trailer wasn't that way. I guess on my model, having the second toilet down stairs may be one of the reasons. But, I have never had any issues with the plumbing hanging down low. I had both tires on that side half up in the mud and still had no issues.

akf15e

Eric,

I have a 2015 San Antonio and the pipes and the outlet are low. When I saw the new 365's, the pipes looked even lower. That said, I've never scraped nor hit them on anything. However, this is my 4th fiver (all others were SOBs) and the Landmark is the lowest by far. In fact I've been to multiple campgrounds where the neck of the park's sewage connection opening is higher than my outlet, which obviously makes dumping problematic. Several times I've had to raise the camper as high as the Level Up will go to have a "downhill" run so I can dump my tanks. Kind of a pain. Not sure why Heartland engineers can't replicate what other companies do. It wouldn't dissuade me from buying again, just be aware of it.

jbeletti

With multiple bathrooms and long coaches, in order to get proper fall, the pipes need to come out of the frame sooner than with shorter coaches or those with a single bathroom.

Landmarks have a 12" I-beam frame. Those with 10" or shorter may have more pipe exposed.

While it's certainly possible, I'm happy to hear most are not having issues with snagging these pipes.

davidaf

I had the same concern when i saw the pipes. So far no issues though it is still my least favorite part of the rig. Draining into a blueboy is a challenge to say the least. The pipes are lower than the top of the blueboy so creativity is in order to get close to a full tank.

LBR

I had the same concern when i saw the pipes. So far no issues though it is still my least favorite part of the rig. Draining into a blueboy is a challenge to say the least. The pipes are lower than the top of the blueboy so creativity is in order to get close to a full tank.
A macerator pump would eliminate your challenges of "draining uphill"