question about stabilizers for 5th wheel

CeeCee

Recently purchased our 1st. 5th wheel and was wondering what your opinion is regarding using a heavy duty king pin stabilizer vs.wheel chocks vs. Having a stabilizing system installed on the frame. Hoping to get the rocking/moving side to side eliminated. Any info.would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I think the majority don't use the king pin stabilizer. Many of us have added the frame mounted stabilizers, such as Ultra-Fab, SteadyFast, et.al. Just about all of us use some type of wheel chocks, though. The frame mounted stabilizers will reduce the rocking and sway, but will not completely eliminate it. For that, you need more than just the two front jacks and rear stabilizers. Now you're looking at something like the 4 or 6 jack Level-Up system, or the four jack Ground Control system. An alternative to them is to use scissor or screw jacks in front of and/or behind the tires to reduce the effect of bounce from the tires and suspension.

dfk009

I use both the H/D king pin stablizer, along with the between the wheel chocks on my 38 foot Elkridge. You won't regret getting both, as it make the coach "rock solid". Don't have to worry about the coach rolling. Don