Question About Water Filter

Cholo

Not sure if this is the right place for this.

Doing some modifications and replacing the installed water filter in my 2017 Newport, (pictures soon!). When using the Anderson Valve to fill the fresh water tank, does the water go through the filter before entering the tank?

I have tried to figure out all the water lines I see behind the wall. Not sure if anybody has done that yet but, 'O BOY, what a mess! Took me a long time and frustration to figure out the filter's "in" side is backward from what one would think it would be, (facing closest to the docking station)! Not sure why they don't use a different system such as a Water Manifold I have seen in other brands.

I know the real problem is my lack of skills!!

danemayer

Hi Cholo,

The water filter in your Landmark is probably not in the path to the fresh water tank. However, it's possible it is in the path of water coming out of the pump. The pump output is teed into the city water line coming out of the 4-way valve. If the filter is after that tee, then it's filtering city water and water pumped out of the fresh tank.

Cholo

Hi Cholo,

The water filter in your Landmark is probably not in the path to the fresh water tank. However, it's possible it is in the path of water coming out of the pump. The pump output is teed into the city water line coming out of the 4-way valve. If the filter is after that tee, then it's filtering city water and water pumped out of the fresh tank.

Thanks for the fast reply. Sounds logical, I'll check it out.

jbeletti

Cholo, in units that use the Anderson Brass Kantleak 4-way valve, there is a white flex-hose loop on the back side. The way I read the instructions from Anderson is that's where the filter should be installed - in that loop. In a few of my previous Landmarks, that's where I added mine.

In the last 2 coaches however, I've installed by system right behind the brass water inlet. Now with certainty, all water coming into the coach and going anywhere is processed.

Cholo

Hi Cholo,

That's exactly how mine is. Thanks for the info.