Question on lowering pinbox.

dbbls59

I need to raise the front of my big Country and the hitch in my truck is as high as it will go. If I lower the pin box will the wind deflector still fit on it?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I need to raise the front of my big Country and the hitch in my truck is as high as it will go. If I lower the pin box will the wind deflector still fit on it?

Good question! While I don't know for sure, I'm thinking they designed it to move up or down with the pin. Is the cover attached to the pin or the box?
Make sure you are able to get the same number of bolts through the pin and box after lowering the pin.
A suggestion. If you have a floor jack, move a picnic table under the pin and use the floor jack to support the pin and help to line up the holes. I used this method for my Trail Air.

GOTTOYS

Shouldn't be a problem. It's not attached to the pin box just the underside of the trailer. I used a couple 6x6 blocks on my tailgate and raised or lowered the trailer with the front jacks to change mine. Just lower the trailer to rest the pin box on the wooden blocks...Don

dbbls59

Thanks guys. I can see it is attached to the pin box just couldn't tell if it was connected to the under side of the trailer.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Yes, it is attached to both. The holes in the cover are original. I had to tap the nose plate of the 5th AB under it to secure it, using short stainless steel machine bolts and washers. I don't recall if I had to redrill the holes on the overhang after modifying the cover to fit over the pinbox. I also ran a heavy caulk bead around the sides and front where the cover meets the overhang.

View attachment 25393