Questions after first trip

Dober2004

Just took our first weekend trip in our new Cyclone 3100. There was one issue that came up that I am hoping somebody has some input on. It was the heat in the bedroom. Very, very, very little heat coming out of floor vent in bedroom, however cool air was blowing out of the circular vents in the ceiling. The floor vents in the living area and garage were no problem at all. Is this normal in this model camper?

danemayer

Hi Dober2004,

if you have the furnace turned on and are also getting air out of the air conditioning ducts, check the thermostat. Cycle it into FAN mode and press the + or - key until it's on the AUTO setting. When FAN is set to HIGH or LOW it'll run the A/C blower any time the thermostat calls for either heat or cooling.

If your bedroom floor vent is in the general vicinity of the furnace (which you can check by finding the vents outside), you may have a pinched or disconnected duct between furnace and bedroom register. On most larger 5th wheels, if you take down the rear wall of the basement cargo area, you should be able to see the duct.

RobLee

Same problem in my new to me 2012 Cyclone. No air out the bedroom vent. Also no air out the bathroom vent. On that one found that the factory crushed the 2 inch vent hose closed tie wrapping it to a pipe. Haven't found problem with br vent yet.

Appleguy

On my Road Warrior 30 C we had little air movement from the floor register in the bedroom. took down the rear most basement wall and removed the flexible duct from the floor metal duct and discovered a 3" round sheet metal cut out that had never been removed. It was blocking air flow. Removed it and did increase air flow.