Reciever hitch on back of Sundance

Sundance_kid

Hi newman, putting electric brakes on my utility trailer in the morning, so the test is getting close. Will go out Sunday for the test run. I'll post later. Wife wants to take the Rhino to Colorado when I retire July 13th (Friday go figure) on the trip to see our son. Definetly have some down hills then.
:eek:

newman

Good luck on the test..let us know how it goes. Congrats on the retirement, friday the 13th is a good a day as any!

Sundance_kid

Hi newman, the test was as I expected, not a problem. The Sundance handled nice and could only tell the Rhino was behind it was when I hit the RR xing. Other than that no issues, by the way hitch on the utility trailer is between 150-200 lbs. Thanks, the 13th sounded good to me, almost 40 years with AT&T.
DSCF0005.jpg

Last edited:

Sundance_kid

Hi newman & fishn2dmax, Well 1,150 miles towing behind the Sundance and no issues. Averaged 11.7 MPG from CA. to CO. Have been in Canon City, Co for 2 weeks, will head to Ouray, Co Monday for a few days then on to Moab, Ut for a week. newman, the Rhino is doing great. Have been up aroung 10,000' and no problems with the jetting yet, but Engineer pass out of Silverton may be the true test at 14,900', yikes!. Catch you all later.

P.S. the Sundance is doing great also, but for 1 little water leak somewhere behind the shower. Planning on going ater it to day.

newman

Your setup looks great! Those Rhino's are a blast, and are the perfect thing for a little exploring in the Mtn's. Sounds like the research you did really paid off.

fishn2dmax

Finally got my hitch installed on my 2900MK and it works great. I had a custom hitch fabricated and installed at a local welding shop that specializes in hitches. They have done 100's of rear trailer hitches and I wanted to be sure it done right and with some overkill. I didn't find the wiring connection were Sundance found his? I fished down the wall from the rear turn lights.

Sundance_kid

Hi all, the overall length is 65', max in Ca, Co is 70', so Walloongirl you need to check were your at. fishn2dmax, I love it "he fished the wall"!! Being able to take the toys sure makes traveling more fun and interresting. As long as your safe like fishn2dmax did his rig. Speed limit in Ca is 55 mph with a truck and trailer. In the other states we've gone through it's been 75 mph, but I'll run 63 +- to keep the MPG's up. You all have fun and be safe.

Sundance_kid

newman!!! Engineer Pass was only 12'800', believe you me that 450 Rhino was taped out, but never stopped running. All I had left was to lock the differencials, but it grawled over. Talk about views, little over 16 miles round trip and 3 1/2 hours. You need to try it.

Sundance_kid

Hi gang, last post on this thred. We made it home after 3 weeks out with no issues on the double pull. this trip was 3,491 miles round trip, 258.7 gals of diesel for $869 and $604 for 19 days in RV parks. The Mission tires now have approximately 4,000 miles and look like new, so the axles must be true. Oh yea the Sundance did great, the gromets for the manual holes blew out somewhere and the fridge silde is pushing the carpet up. Goes in next Tuesday for that.

StevieWonder

What did you find out about the water leak in the shower?

What's the tongue weight limit on the hitch on your Sundance? I thought about putting a hitch there to carry one of those cargo boxes. My basement is full (as it should be).

Sundance_kid

I did a post on the leaky shower on your thred.

The hitch I installed had a 500# limit, haven't weighed it but I thinking around 350-400# as you can see towing double. No problems so far.