Removing the bedroom and slide screens?

TxCowboy

How do you remove the screens on those little windows on the bedroom and living room slides without damaging them? You know, those little windows that raise up and latch?

The larger windows have the little pull tabs but these smaller windows do not.

TIA. :)

carl.swoyer

I believe that you push the screen to the side. There are two small tension tabs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TxCowboy

No way to slide the screen to the slide. The screen fits into a track in front of the glass part of the window. I've been playing with it but can't seem to find a way to remove the screen from the track without bending the screen.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
It helps to open the window, then push the screen up. Then you can grasp and manipulate it some. It has metal tabs on the side. Press towards them and you should be able to "spring" the screen free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ab94390badd72d0524414663fe8aa310.jpg

Pull from corner, gently but firmly, may take two hands to work it free.

ed7c4778b1446357289d47829c296d02.jpg

carl.swoyer

Too funny I was just heading to the 5th wheel to do the same picture

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

I had a H**L of a time removing mine. Yes you pull up, but there are tolerances in everything and my screens are just a tad longer then the opening with the spring tabs on top fully compressed. I pulled really hard and they popped out. It is easier to push hard to snap them back in. I hope that they are aluminum frames, because I am going to file the bottom and repaint with rust-oleum paint when they come out again and wait a week to let the paint harden before I put them back in. The ones in the living room slide come out quite easy.