Renewed Trailer Plates $$$$ OWWW - How much was yours?

RollingHome

Obviously, by the comments from PA folks, I am incorrect in what I stated my PA tags cost. Perhaps I am remembering what I paid for the 2500HD. In reality, prior to this year, I had ALL my vehicles registered in a Delaware holding corporation and the cost were much lower. As I get closer to retirement I am simplifying my life and bringing things more local. What that means is, I am locally registering the remaining vehicles I have in PA. My TV is a class 5 - 1 ton, I think ???), whatever that means and it is registered in PA. What I do know is I am paying much less then CO and SC folks, who I think you'll agree are getting raped ! I just don't like a person getting ripped off because of some greedy SOB Tin God who doesn’t know how to manage his money, enough is enough ! Because of this embassing mistake, I will pay more attention to my expenditures, if for no other reason so as not to appear aloof.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

olcoon

Well you got me to wondering, so I went to Mo's website to see if I could figure out how much it's going to cost me to get tags on our new rig. THANK GOD MO AIN'T LIKE CO.!!! If I'm looking at this right, because we have a 5er, we can get a permanent tag for $52.50 with a $3.50 processing fee! I'll have to pay 4.225% sales tax. Also we have no inspection on trailers--only motor vehicles. I had to change my truck plates from 12,000 to 18,000. This was a little increase, but with 12K tags we can license them for 3 yrs. but on 18K it's only 1 yr. I had just renewed my 12k tags for 3 yrs, so when I bumped it up, I only had to pay a few dollars difference. The 18k tag is $63.25 a year. I guess what it boils down to is the high mountains of Co. cost more than our little hills in Mo! Guess which tag I'm going to get?!? If you want to license your rig in Mo., I've got some ocean front property I'll lease to you, it's got a beautiful view of the local campground's dump station!!!! :angel::angel::angel:

wdk450

It sounds like a lot of attendees to the National Rally in Nashville might be interested in setting up Tennessee residency.

RollingHome

Jerry, I can't pronounce that tax, what is it and what's it for... cheese and crackers they get creative with our money can't they ? Tom

Jerry Nelms

Traveler
You bet. This is basically like a vehicle property tax and is based on the value of the vehicle/trailer tag is applied to. Out tag actually cost $13.25, the remainder is tax. Crazy but just another way for our politicians to make money and supposedly help with road repairs

Last edited by a moderator:

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
Not to hijack this thread but on this very subject A WARNING to FULL-TIMERS who seasonally camp/store at the same place. Due to the tax revenue decline: The local tax assessors are coming through the CG and taking down tags so they can assess additional taxes in the state of Georgia even though the tags are up to-date but registered in another state.

dalspot

However, most real estate taxes in the tri-state area (PA, NJ, DE) are very high.

Real estate taxes in Delaware are a *whole* lot less than in PA and NJ. Half our neighborhood moved out of PA to avoid the taxes. And we're not even close to the state line.