REPAIRED: Bedroom heater vent in 2016 Orlando

oldelmer1

I noticed that no hot air comes out of the bedroom vent on the floor. When I look into it, it looks like its cut into a duct, where the other heat vents have individual heat tubes going to them.

I looked inside the basement to see if I could see anything from there, but nothing.

Any suggestions?

THANKS....

Tom

oldelmer1

Re: Bedroom heater vent in 2016 Orlando

Does anyone have a heat vent that works in the bedroom?

farside291

I have a Big Country and my upstairs bedroom and bath are always cold. Especially when temps drop below 40 degrees. Not a lot of air flow out of those two vents. I use supplemental heating in the upstairs area. I use an oil radiator that I keep plugged into the dryer outlet and one small ceramic heater on the chest of drawers for the bedroom. Honestly I never looked into the vent in the bedroom. Its between the wall and the bed. Does seem like there should be a couple more vents up there.

danemayer

Hi oldelmer1,

On most floor plans, the bedroom is pretty close to the furnace, and the short duct usually heats the bedroom too well. Bathroom too.

If your bedroom is close to the furnace, the duct is probably kinked or disconnected at the furnace.

When you looked in the basement, did you take down the rear wall of the pass through storage area? On most floor plans you can see the furnace and duct work.

oldelmer1

Thanks guys.

I have not pulled the wall in the pass thru, yet, but I guess I will be soon.

I will post back when I find whats wrong, so maybe farside291 can find and fix his issue too.

happykraut

My bedroom duct was just laying behind the basement wall. It had never been hooked up.

farside291

yea, I checked mine last night and the duct are connected, just low air flow. I will just use supplemental heaters.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

yea, I checked mine last night and the duct are connected, just low air flow. I will just use supplemental heaters.

You might check the duct at the furnace connection to see if it is leaking or connected. You may need to put some duct tape on it.

farside291

That I did not check, good idea. I will check that tonight. Because its really about a 15 degree difference between downstairs and up. I just kind of thought it was because there were only two vents. One in the bedroom and one in the bath.

oldelmer1

Well, I finally got around to checking why this heater vent wasn't working, the connection on the heater fell off.

Put the duct connection back on the heater, ran a small screw thru it, and all is well.