Replacing our awning lights and channel

Mike-n-Justina

We just got our replacement black channel with awning lights inside under warranty. No instructions on how to replace them included. We are thinking we have to take awning off. It looks like they are both in the same groove. Has anyone ever done this and can help us with what we need to do. Doesn't look like it's gonna be as easy of a job as we thought it would be. We should have figured that.

rhodies1

We just got our replacement black channel with awning lights inside under warranty. No instructions on how to replace them included. We are thinking we have to take awning off. It looks like they are both in the same groove. Has anyone ever done this and can help us with what we need to do. Doesn't look like it's gonna be as easy of a job as we thought it would be. We should have figured that.

I do not have this on my unit but would be very skeptical that you would be required to take off the awning.To take off the awning is a huge task,doubt this is required.Im sure someone will chime in here and give you guidance.I would at least contact Heartlsnd for directions.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
I took a short cut when I replaced mine. I removed the plastic stops at both ends of the plastic carrier, by pushing or prying them until they came out. Then I pulled the old LED lighting strip out of the plastic carrier and replaced it with the new LED strip.

Mike-n-Justina

We needed to replace the black channel though. It looks like it got to warm and was looking wavy and did not lay flat.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
I will look at mine tomorrow and come up with an idea on how to replace the channel.