Required Annual Warranty Inspection

karpcbk15

How much of a pain is the required 6 point inspection for the Landmark warranty? I do all my own work and don't like having to pay someone else to do it again.

danemayer

Hi karpcbk15,

I believe that Landmarks have a 2/5 warranty. The 2 year coach warranty doesn't require anything special. The 5 year structural warranty does require an inspection and dealer certification. It's probably however big a pain your dealer wants to make it. At one of our rallies shortly after Heartland announced this warranty, the General Manager of Ron Hoover RV in Houston told a group of us that his shop would do the inspection at no charge. He viewed every visit to the dealership as an opportunity to strengthen the relationship between dealer and customer and maybe pave the way for a future sale.

doxiecouple

How much of a pain is the required 6 point inspection for the Landmark warranty? I do all my own work and don't like having to pay someone else to do it again.

I know with my dealer it would be a substantial fee at $125.00 per hour as well as possibly several days without use of the San Antonio. I know there are many good dealers that will probably do a turn around quickly at a reasonable fee, I just got a bad draw on dealer. I'd prefer to take my chances and use my rig daily without the hotel room ( when full timing)and hourly labor fee .

mikeandconnie

Our rig was in very good shape and it cost us very little. You can take it to any Heartland Dealer and make sure you have the correct form and they sign it. The second year warranty was wonderful for us..