RESOLVED: 30C VIN tag inaccurate

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Re: 30C VIN tag inaccurate.

Another way to ask is, did the 300C EVER come with 6k axles. I'm guessing not. I'm sure there is another way to tell other than the sticker too...

The 14k sticker has been a on going issue for over two years. The 300c is stretching it with 7k axles. This trailer should have been a triple 6k setup if it was designed properly. If it wouldn't be for the location of the garage door I would have already added a third axle to my trailer. Even with my Dually its not really a comfortable towing trailer.

300c pulls horrible with weight in the garage. The dual axles are almost to close to center of the trailer. While any weight in the garage reduces the pin weight a fair bit to much for the relative location of the axles.

I would never recommend this TH to anybody that is going to trailer a long distance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

taken

Re: 30C VIN tag inaccurate.

I couldn't express more opposite of an experience. With 2k in the garage, I get a LITTLE sway. With just one machine in the garage, so 1k or so, my 30C tows like it's not back there. I took mine on it's maiden voyage from New England all the way up and through Nova Scotia with my wife's 1000 lb CanAm Spyder in the back. Did most of the trip 70-80 mph. Up and down serious grades. Past and being past by semi's. Never had AN OUNCE of sway. Nothing, and I have a SRW F350. I couldn't imagine a better towing long distance toy hauler. Something really off with yours to treat you so badly with a DRW truck up front!

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
There has been serval people complain about how poorly the 300C tows. You are the first person that I have seen on here to believe it tows well.

Windy days are horrible and passing a semi can be an adventure. I have had the axles measured and one hanger was found to be off by 1/2". It was cut and a new one placed in the correct location. Trailer does pull better but far from a good quality pulling trailer. Also, the trailer sits **** near flat when hitched to my pickup.

I do however have some reinforcement to do to the suspension. I will be tieing in the hangers with square tubing. From one side to the other. This should stiffen up the frame to help prevent some of the sway. One member on here found that it helped alot with his 300C from swaying.

Heck, I even have an advantage over most that have the 300c. I put the 17.5 h Rated tires on it. Those side walls are extremely thick. So there isn't much side to side flex in my tires. That helps preventing the sway.

taken

Yep, around 5k miles in two years and tows like a dream. Passing and being passed by semis is like there isn't a trailer behind me. Best towing RV I've ever had behind me. One handed driving is the norm. Not sure what u and I are doing differently, but glad I'm on this side of it! As for tires, I went the G614 route on day 1.

wdk450

. . .

I do however have some reinforcement to do to the suspension. I will be tieing in the hangers with square tubing. From one side to the other. This should stiffen up the frame to help prevent some of the sway. One member on here found that it helped alot with his 300C from swaying.

Matt:
Do you know that MorRyde makes a product like you describe?? Here is a link: http://www.morryde.com/aftermarket/running-gear/performance-crossmembers-by-mor-ryde-60.html

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
That is exactly what I am going to do. But I am going to weld everything in place while using a much heavier walled square tubing. On the tubing I will lay a 2" 1/4" flat bat on edge and weld that inplace on the square tubing to keep the tubing from deflecting while traveling.

Before I do this I am considering having a Semi Truck alignment shop measure my axles for trueness. Even though the dealer has made changes i would like the peace of mind that its 99% correct.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
I like correct track if you have the weld on correct hangers. Not a fan of the bolt on correct system. I don't like how it raises the trailer 2". In my mind that adds to the side to side stress and my sway is already bad enough.

Nothing is in the way on my trailer to run the three cross members.

SMDAT

I realize this thread is a couple months old...but hopefully someone will still follow this one...I've been towing the 30C for about 4,500 miles. My Vin tags were also incorrect. There are more troubling things here however. The tire specs were also incorrect on the tag asking for the bigger 110 PSI tires with a 14K weight.

All four of our spring sets were flat after a couple thousand miles. Thanks to Dexter axles for replacing BOTH axles and upgrading to heavier springs and thicker walled tubes. it was clear to them the suspension was not sufficient for a 16K trailer. Needless to say we've also had plenty of tire issues as well.

It's pretty clear to me at this point the 30C trailer should have 3 axles at 16K or at the very least 8K axles and larger tires for the two axles.

Mine is still under warranty, this seems to be a possible safety issue as well. How can they produce a unit without proper suspension?

Sean

taken

All brands are the same. Nothing new here. Our springs have lost a lot too. I am going to install Correct Track 2 to raise us back up in the spring. Also, we did our own upgrade to 110 psi G rated tires. By the by, Heartland has dropped the rating on our trailers back to 14k like the 16k thing never happened. Check their website...

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
My 300C has the 7k axles with (2) 3500lb leaf packs under it. I ended up putting 17.5 under it as well.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
All brands are the same. Nothing new here. Our springs have lost a lot too. I am going to install Correct Track 2 to raise us back up in the spring. Also, we did our own upgrade to 110 psi G rated tires. By the by, Heartland has dropped the rating on our trailers back to 14k like the 16k thing never happened. Check their website...

Might want to recheck the website

yte5ydus.jpg

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
I realize this thread is a couple months old...but hopefully someone will still follow this one...I've been towing the 30C for about 4,500 miles. My Vin tags were also incorrect. There are more troubling things here however. The tire specs were also incorrect on the tag asking for the bigger 110 PSI tires with a 14K weight.

All four of our spring sets were flat after a couple thousand miles. Thanks to Dexter axles for replacing BOTH axles and upgrading to heavier springs and thicker walled tubes. it was clear to them the suspension was not sufficient for a 16K trailer. Needless to say we've also had plenty of tire issues as well.

It's pretty clear to me at this point the 30C trailer should have 3 axles at 16K or at the very least 8K axles and larger tires for the two axles.

Mine is still under warranty, this seems to be a possible safety issue as well. How can they produce a unit without proper suspension?

Sean

Can use post a picture of you VIN tag showing the 110psi tires along with it showing 300c as well. I feel that HT may be sending me a set of tires. My sticker shows 80psi rated tires

danemayer

Can use post a picture of you VIN tag showing the 110psi tires along with it showing 300c as well. I feel that HT may be sending me a set of tires. My sticker shows 80psi rated tires

Road Warrior 30C vs Cyclone 300C?

taken

They were only supposed to put 110 on the sticker if you ordered G tires from the factory. Stickers show either 80 or 110 based on what tires you ordered. As for rechecking the website Matt, you're on the Cyclone website and this is a Road Warrior thread. You might want to check the Road Warrior site.

Specifications for Model RW 30C
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR)14,000 lbs
Dry Weight11,525 lbs
Hitch Weight2,900 lbs
Carrying Capacity
Width8' 5"
Height13' 3"
Length40' 5"
Sq. Ft.
Sleeping Capacity7+ People
Axles(2) 7,000 lbs
TiresST235/80R16-E
Shocks---
Fresh Tank110 gal
Gray Tank82 gal
Black Tank41 gal
Water Heater20 gal/hr
Furnace35,000 btu
A/C15,000 btu
LP Capacity(2) 30 lbs
Refrigerator8 cu ft
110 V Electric50 AMP
Converter75 AMP / 12 V
R-Value WallR-8
R-Value FloorR-27
R-Value RoofR-23
ConstructionAluminum Framing, Fiberglass Skin
Roof MaterialRubber
Number of Slides2
Number of Bunks0
Slide Room Height7' 6"
Bedroom Height6' 4"
Awning Length20'
Cook Top3 burner
Traditional Oven16"
Convection Oven
Microwave Oven900 Watt / 1 cu ft
Generator PrepStandard
GeneratorOptional
Generator BrandOnan
Generator Kilowatts5.5 kW LP
Standard Bed Dimensions60" x 80"
Queen
Optional Bed Dimensions

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
They were only supposed to put 110 on the sticker if you ordered G tires from the factory. Stickers show either 80 or 110 based on what tires you ordered. As for rechecking the website Matt, you're on the Cyclone website and this is a Road Warrior thread. You might want to check the Road Warrior site.

That's just a typo on the RW website. It should be 16,000 as well. 30C and the 300C are the same trailer. The Cyclone 300C use to say 14,000 as well on their website. My 300C even came with a 14,000 GVWR. It was corrected and HL sent me the corrected one with 16k on it.

taken

Right. Mine was 14k and they sent me a new sticker too hence this whole thread. They keep changing their site. When I bought in early 2013 it was 14k on their site and on my sticker. Later in the year it was listed as 16k which is why I started this thread and requested a new sticker. Now they have it back down at 14k. They also had the length at 36 foot in 2012, 38 foot when I bought mine, and now it's at 40.5 feet. The length of the trailer never changed. Also, I'm betting that if it's back on the site at 14k then that's what is on the current build's stickers. They are having a lot of trouble keeping the numbers straight on the 30C and the 300C and I'm sure the game isn't done. That said, I don't think it's a typo any more than it was on our stickers or the old versions of the website. It's just what they are saying now. Just like it wasn't a typo when length was listed as 36 feet or 38. Now it's finally correct at 40.5 which is what the length has been all along. They listed it as less for some other reason. Not a typo...

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
They did the same thing with the 300C. It was 14k then It was 16k, then two months later it was 14k. Then a year later it was 16k. It was a vicious cycle along with the length of the trailer. I believe it was a battle between 37.9, 39, and then the current 40.X.

Pretty sure its just a typo, 30c and 300c are the same.

taken

Matt, of course I know the two units are the same. I just don't believe the constant changing of listed length and GVWR are "typos." One time, maybe. Not 5-10...