Richardson/ Plano/ garland area RV parks???

BLHFUN

looks like I'll be working in Richardson just off central/75 for Two months. I can't seem to find an RV park anywhere close to Richardson area? Any north Texas folks know of anything close?

dlw930

Since I live in the DFW metro area, I don't have much first hand experience with RV parks close by....but there's a Good Sam affiliate in Carrolton about 12 miles from Richardson....Sandy Lake is the park's name. The Vineyard in Grapevine is a very popular park but it's 20+ miles from Richardson. Not aware of anything in the immediate vicinity of Richardson and Garland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I also live east of Dallas. Not much in the area, Dallas is too metropolitan for RV parks. I think Roy and Sally, olcoon on the forum, have stayed at a COE park near Lake Lavon, which is NE of Garland.

Sandy Lake and Grapevine are not "near" Richardson/Garland and due to construction would be a very "un fun" commute. There is a park in Sunnyvale, which is slightly east of Mesquite, which might be closer, but I have not stayed there, only driven by.

BLHFUN

Thank you both. I figured Google was broke when it didn't show RV Parks close.. Lol. I did find sandy lake park and called them tonight. It's 18 miles, but GBH all the way to 75. Tolls both ways, but I really don't want to Hotel it for a possible 2 month stay. Lavon is just too far given the route I would have to take. Yuck! Plus I can't find any lake Lavon parks that have sewer and I hate moving all the time to dump.

Thanks for the feedback!

avvidclif

You'll probably be money ahead and less gray hairs to find an extended stay motel in the area you are working. The traffic in that area is horrendous. I refuse to drive there, period.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thank you both. I figured Google was broke when it didn't show RV Parks close.. Lol. I did find sandy lake park and called them tonight. It's 18 miles, but GBH all the way to 75. Tolls both ways, but I really don't want to Hotel it for a possible 2 month stay. Lavon is just too far given the route I would have to take. Yuck! Plus I can't find any lake Lavon parks that have sewer and I hate moving all the time to dump.

Thanks for the feedback!

If you end up at Sandy Lake, consider buying a toll tag, will definitely save you money.

And just so you are not surprised, 18 miles may take 35-45 min each way, just because of our lovely DFW traffic.

David-and-Cheryl

The closest RV park to Richardson is Spring Creek Village RV Park on 75 near Parker Road (north of Richardson). However, everything I've heard about it is bad. It's combined with a mobile home park. Has a reputation for not being particularly safe. It's also near an active railroad track.

There are a number of parks on Lake Lavon, as someone else suggested. That would probably give you a 30 minute commute to Richardson.

(We're new RVers so haven't stayed at any of these - only researched them - because we currently live in Plano.)

And Dallas traffic isn't much worse than any other major city in the US, and better than many. Welcome to Texas!

BLHFUN

Thanks guys. I saw Spring Creek and googled earthed it. The reviews say.... " leave the marshmallows at home " lol.

as for the Toll tag, Lory and I drove through Dallas a few months ago. Got a nice 10.00 bill in the mail with a picture of my truck for three toll booths. You can bet I'll be being a tag. :).