Road side Assistance

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
for years we have had Good SAM road side assistance, used it a few times. we had some minor glitches with them but never anything serious. when a friend of mine asked about a road side assistance group, I referred the above GS. I never gave it another thought until the other day when my friend related what happened to him and his wife.
About 8 one evening they were traveling on the Trans Canada highway about 90km west of Moose Jaw Saskatchewan. Their car quit, they did the call thing gave the location and were told help would be along shortly. The temperature was about minus 9 or 10. After about an hour and a half he called again and was again told help would be there shortly. Over the next 3 hours he called a few more times, the truck finally arrived at 1:30am. He said he was dispatched at 12:10am.

My friend called GS and asked about this and was told someone would call.
Short answer, nobody called, but a week later he received a cheque in the mail along with a note saying, `The enclosed cheque for $89.00 will cover the balance of your account, we are terminating service for your account. NO comment about the delay to get them help. They were just about frozen, had it not been for an extra parka he had in the car they probably would have froze.

I guess it depends who is on the other end of the phone. If they are in TExas and have no idea what the weather is in Canada in December...

davebennington

You might try carrying a copy of Heartland Owners Club "H.O.T.E.L.". I print a copy off every 6 months or so and keep it in the truck, just in case. And yes we have Good Sam Road service also.

I guess when you have an older truck you have to have some kind off backup just in case.

dave

porthole

Retired
I let my previous service lapse after the CEO's comments about shopping at his business. Looking for something new now, in time for the next RV season.

Coach net seems pricey at $180. Is that the price most have seen?

Todster

It may seem pricey but covers every vehicle you own and motorcycles. When you dig into it. They do quite a bit more then the average.

Also forgot to mention they will tow the truck and trailer to your destination. Most will not.

ATLJOHN

I just signed up with Coach net and for that price it includes return your rv if you get sick and unable to drive home. This is option with GS,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lou_and_Bette

I let my previous service lapse after the CEO's comments about shopping at his business. Looking for something new now, in time for the next RV season.

Coach net seems pricey at $180. Is that the price most have seen?

Duane, just renewed my CN for 3 years at a cost of $380. Previously had a “Gold” membership but that is no longer available, now have “Premier” membership which includes any vehicle Bette or I would be operating.

porthole

Retired
Duane, just renewed my CN for 3 years at a cost of $380. Previously had a “Gold” membership but that is no longer available, now have “Premier” membership which includes any vehicle Bette or I would be operating.

380 puts it more in line with the cw price was.

After have to use it Lou?