Room Darkening of Day/Night Shades?

sjrellis

There should be a sticker at the bottom of the blinds. Mine says:

SWC (Specialty Window Coverings)
1655 Gateway Ct.
Elkhart, IN 46514
574-262-5190

I read this info upside down...in case there is some dyslexia going on!

GaryB

There should be a sticker at the bottom of the blinds. Mine says:

SWC (Specialty Window Coverings)
1655 Gateway Ct.
Elkhart, IN 46514
574-262-5190

I read this info upside down...in case there is some dyslexia going on!

Thank you!!!

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
I had a similar question that related to light and the sound dampening. We replaced the bedroom shades with a darker set of day/night shades. They weren't as dark as we'd like. So, to help with the sound and light, my DW had me install 2 curtain rods on brackets that she can close during the day, and that knocks out lots of light and some sound. We got thick light blocking shades from JC Penney's and she tailored them to fit the standard rod over the side windows as ewll as the other rods. The installed rods close off the closet area and then the 2nd rod was mounted across the dresser, TV and vanity area. I mounted them both as close to the ceiling as I could get. They work well for light. We used an entry door window shade that can be bought anywhere for the skylight in the shower. It all goes up and down in about 15 minutes. She'll have it in place while I hook up satellite and utilities.

Uncle Rog

Howdy, has any body contacted SWC?
I have ordered mini blinds for the rear window, $107, delivered. I am absolutely sick and tired of messing with it, the wall buttons will not stay tight and I am tired of propping it up with walking sticks!
I have considerd rigging the others with web straps, as they start to fail, I do not want to change them all out.....any body else have a better idea?
We have never travelled with shades up.............

jpmorgan37

Rog;

I don't know if yours are like mine, but after I started winding the string around the wall buttons in a counter clockwise direction, I didn't have any more problem with them coming loose. CCW tends to tighten the screw and keeps them from coming loose.

John

ChopperBill

I went to the Home and Garden Show this week end and there were several booths that sold day/night shades. I REALLY liked one of the Hunter Douglas ones and asked how much they were. The lady said depends on the size. I said "The size of this model".(it was about the size of the slide windows) She said about $250! WOW! I really like what we have!

GaryB

Howdy, has any body contacted SWC?

Uncle Rog,

I'm not sure if this is what you're asking in regards to, but I contacted SWC last week to ask if they sell blackout shades for the Big Horn. They said yes. I had hoped that Heartland would let me upgrade the shades while the unit was being built. No such luck. Coley Brady said it would be too much trouble since HL would have to order specific sizes of shades and keep track of those during production. He wouldn't give me a credit to delete the standard shades. So if I still want them, I'll need to buy them myself from SWC, remove/discard the standard shades, and install the blackout shades later. Also, SWC said they give Heartland a "special price" that they won't offer to an individual customer. So this idea became way too complicated/expensive to pursue any further.

Gary

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
We just got back from our third maiden cruise in the last 3 weeks. My wife is happy to be up when the sun rises, but I am extremely disappointed in the light that comes through all over the place way too early. It looked good when we bought it but...... Guess I will have to turn off the heated fireplace and 42" TV a little early and get to bed before midnite if I expect to get sleep before daylight. I am amazed that that the nite blinds weren't darker.