Rotoflex or MorRyde PinBox

Mykiwi64

Hello. First time on the forum. In April we purchased a used 2012 Bighorn 3455RL and so far are very happy with it. However it came from the factory with a Lippert 1621 HD PinBox. We would like to get a smoother ride. I have researched on the Internet and looked at both the MorRyde and Rotoflex pin boxes on the Internet and at our local RV dealers to replace the existing one.Im going to do the install myself with my shop mechanic. I'm leaning towards the MorRyde but would like to hear from someone who has done what I'm considering doing.

Mburtsvt

Hello. First time on the forum. In April we purchased a used 2012 Bighorn 3455RL and so far are very happy with it. However it came from the factory with a Lippert 1621 HD PinBox. We would like to get a smoother ride. I have researched on the Internet and looked at both the MorRyde and Rotoflex pin boxes on the Internet and at our local RV dealers to replace the existing one.Im going to do the install myself with my shop mechanic. I'm leaning towards the MorRyde but would like to hear from someone who has done what I'm considering doing.

Air bags on your truck? I have the morryde and got the biggest bang when I did the airbags.

IronJ

I have the the 1621 shd and want to do the same....I have bags...but any additional improvement is welcome...I'm leaning more ryde as its primary function is lateral and thus helps with chucking...

Wish trail air had a tri glide I could use....

Let us know what u decide and how u like it...

(Fwiw the bags do make a significant diff...my truck don't squat much even with 3800+ pin, but the ride is considerably smoother with air in bags and the upgraded fox 2.0 shocks)

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Mykiwi64

Yes I have just replaced the airbags on the truck. Since we are talking about airbags I was advised to put about 90 pounds in them when pulling the 5th wheel. Loaded my 5th wheel is right at the 15500 lb limit. Does this sound right?

IronJ

What truck? What bags?..90 sounds pretty high to me? I have the airlift and I usually run 50-55 tops...

I've run as high as 70 on my srw with same trailer....but that's highest I ever recall

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

wehavefun

MorRyde ! I had a trail air on last Bighorn always adding air, reducing air, or having it bottom out on bridge joints when air pressure was low. With the new MorRyde, I hitch and go!

I use Airlift bags and run 45 psi on 3500 DRW Dodge

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ya that can be a pain but I have air on the truck when I need it. I don't mind. I feel the benefit of the Trailair to the life of the trailer is worth my extra effort.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
I only have about 40-45 lbs of air in a srw 2500 Silverado pulling a 40 foot Big Country and seems to work fine. I also have a Demco pinbox which works great. Rather than sliding like a MorRyde it works like a pendulum.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Yes I have just replaced the airbags on the truck. Since we are talking about airbags I was advised to put about 90 pounds in them when pulling the 5th wheel. Loaded my 5th wheel is right at the 15500 lb limit. Does this sound right?
90 psi sound kinda high. My last truck had air bags and I ran them at 40-45 psi. 16,000 lb trailer, 3,300 lbs of pin weight.
You only need to put enough air in to level the truck.

Peace
Dave

Mykiwi64

Thanks for all the comments. After reading the posts here and futther research I decided to go with the MorRyde pin box. My mechanic and I installed it in less than an hour. The difference in the ride was noticeable right from the get go. I've also sorted out the airbags and am running them at 40 / 45 pounds. Thanks for the help