Running 12 volt power wire for Sat attenna

busted2341

I have the Winegard GM-1518 Carryout Satellite TV Antenna that I had mounted on a ladder mount when I had the BC. Worked great. I hard wired the power to the 12 stabilizer jacks with an on/off switch, running the power and cable wire down the ladder to the frame. I then continued the cable down the frame to the SAT in in the UDC. I'm lazy and would prefer to not have to set up SAT every time we move. Traveled well on the ladder and worked great. Any idea where I can hard wire to a 12 volt wire coming down the ladder? I don't see any wires on the back or side of the coach that are 12 volt? I guess I can connect red/black directly to one of the batteries, correct?

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I did the same as you and ran the 12V wiring to the switch that I installed in the coat closet by the door. I did install a "cell phone auto type" plug in the UCD just in case I needed it. I would not hard wire straight to the battery unless you had an inline fuse in the B+ wire. Your LM might a 12V curcuit somewhere in the rear of the coach you could get power from.

Last edited:

busted2341

Thanx....With that I will not run directly to Battery....still looking for a convenient way to do this....I am lazy so I'll figue out something...lol....