Rusty Mor Ryde IS :(

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Here are the pics of the rust on our IS system.....20141026_181245.jpeg20141026_180932.jpeg

There is a slight bit of rust on the frame itself, but that appears normal based on our past experiences.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Wow, that is bad.

Not that you should have to, but a good coat of spray Rustoleum primer and black paint will protect that for years.

I used Rustoleum to touch up my frame and it holds up much better than the finish Lippert put on it. Trace

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Your frame also looks much more rusty than our's, which is at least two years older with 30K miles on it.

Are you sure you didn't travel across some well salted roads somewhere? Trace

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Trace....Positive! It was delivered to TX, driver said it was bone dry all the way down. We took it to TN, DC in the summer, back to TN and then back to TX. Never been through snow/salt and never been to the beach.

UPDATE: Sent email and pics to Mor Ryde. Also mentioned that at least one other Heartlander is having this issue...they were surprised and said they have not had this issue before, but as of this morning they are investigating the paint used on aftermarket installs. Gary told me that only the factory installs get powder coated, as it is a time issue...not enough lead time on aftermarket installs. They also told me that mine will be taken care of by them...I am making an appointment to stop there prior to the National Rally which we are attending to have a system checkup. They said this will give them time to come up with a better paint and they will correct this during that check up....gotta love a stand up company! Just like Heartland!!

porthole

Retired
Trace....Positive! It was delivered to TX, driver said it was bone dry all the way down. We took it to TN, DC in the summer, back to TN and then back to TX. Never been through snow/salt and never been to the beach.

UPDATE: Sent email and pics to Mor Ryde. Also mentioned that at least one other Heartlander is having this issue...they were surprised and said they have not had this issue before, but as of this morning they are investigating the paint used on aftermarket installs. Gary told me that only the factory installs get powder coated, as it is a time issue...not enough lead time on aftermarket installs. They also told me that mine will be taken care of by them...I am making an appointment to stop there prior to the National Rally which we are attending to have a system checkup. They said this will give them time to come up with a better paint and they will correct this during that check up....gotta love a stand up company! Just like Heartland!!

Yours was installed in Elkhart or by someone else?

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Ken and Kathy, can you send me private message with phone and email info as I would also like to have MorRyde look at mine. Prior to or just after Goshen rally would be perfect.