RV Lock - special pricing for HOC members?

Harry1

Received lock yesterday and installed today. Really like the looks and operation. 2nd fob is nice to have. Thanks. Installation simple. Had to file opening just a bit on door.

shelsay

Just received our RV Lock. Our 2011 Grand Canyon came with the SOB keyless entry. Has anyone here replaced that OEM system with the RV lock? If so, is there anything special we should be aware of in installing this new system?

Thanks,
Pat

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Just received our RV Lock. Our 2011 Grand Canyon came with the SOB keyless entry. Has anyone here replaced that OEM system with the RV lock? If so, is there anything special we should be aware of in installing this new system?

Thanks,
Pat

Just follow all of the instructions and you should have no problem.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I had to do some extra trimming on a second plastic piece on the door, but it wasn't too difficult. It's easier if you have a second set of hands to help out. We also have a 2011 Grand Canyon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
I'm upgrading to the V4 from the V3.
Does anyone have any suggestions for removing the separate keyless pad from the side of the rig?

RVLockSupport

Does anyone have any suggestions for removing the separate keyless pad from the side of the rig?

I second the thin wire idea. Pull the thin wire through the 3m double stick tape behind the keypad. Use Goof Off or Goo be Gone and switch back and forth with rubbing alcohol. This will clean it up slick. Don't use anything abrasive.

RVLockSupport

Received lock yesterday and installed today. Really like the looks and operation. 2nd fob is nice to have. Thanks. Installation simple. Had to file opening just a bit on door.

Awesome. Thank you for the follow up. We always appreciate it! Let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you...

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

Used a plastic putty knife and filed the end just a little sharper. Not to sharp as to chance gouging the trailer surface. Worked great. 1 minute and done. Very little clean up.

jbeletti

Used a plastic putty knife and filed the end just a little sharper. Not to sharp as to chance gouging the trailer surface. Worked great. 1 minute and done. Very little clean up.

I too used a plastic putty knife, then some cleaner to get the thin layer of residue off.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
I too used a plastic putty knife, then some cleaner to get the thin layer of residue off.
I didn't have a plastic putty knife but I found a suitable substitute. Sure hope DW doesn't see this!

Attachments

• IMG_0598[1].jpg
    IMG_0598[1].jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 28

shelsay

Well, we tried to install the new lock today. Dave removed the inside of the old lock and the strike plate. However, we could not get the outside of the old lock to release for removal. Any one else have this problem?

Pat

RVLockSupport

If your old lock is an older keyless handle from Southco with the actuator below, you will need to remove the actuator panel and the actuator. You will also need to trim out the top if the actuator cover that goes over the back of the handle. Should take an extra 10 minutes. You can send me pics if you like and we can over see. Thx

shelsay

Thanks, James. That is exactly what we have. We thought there was probably something we needed to do with the old system. We'll let you know how it goes.

Pat