-Sailun S637 (Trailer), ST235/85R-16

NHCelt

Hi everyone. I'm in the market for four of these, and there are no local dealers in Delaware. Does anyone have a source for dealers that ship fresh tires?
I just bought truck tires from Goodyear and they were OLD!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Hi everyone. I'm in the market for four of these, and there are no local dealers in Delaware. Does anyone have a source for dealers that ship fresh tires?

When I bought a set of Sailuns a couple of years ago from Simple Tire, the date codes were less than 6 months old. I have nothing good to say about Goodyear tires.

https://simpletire.com/tire-deals

travlingman

I bought my Sailun's from Walmart cheaper than I could from Simple Tire. The dates were less than 6 months. I had them shipped to house free. By the way, they came from Simple Tire as they were stickered as such.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
When I bought a set of Sailuns a couple of years ago from Simple Tire, the date codes were less than 6 months old. I have nothing good to say about Goodyear tires.

https://simpletire.com/tire-deals

I’ve always had great use from Goodyear’s. Bought 4 in June from a Goodyear Commercial store in Minneapolis and they were only two months old. AND, they paid for all the repairs to my RV when I had a blowout a few years ago. Don’t think Sailun will do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flick

You mention old. How old is old? You pretty well are at the mercy of the dealers to sell you what they have on hand. I don’t think most would go thru their on hand supply to find the latest build date. Furthermore, these new tires are usually in a rack not subjected to a lot of direct light and heat and if bought from a reputable dealer, are probably stored properly.
I believe what matters more is how your new tires get treated once they’re on your equipment. Using good tire management will allow you to recoup the age of the new tire and is what can make them last longer.

JohnDar

I’ve always had great use from Goodyear’s. Bought 4 in June from a Goodyear Commercial store in Minneapolis and they were only two months old. AND, they paid for all the repairs to my RV when I had a blowout a few years ago. Don’t think Sailun will do that.

Any GY’s I’ve put in our vehicles seem to wear out in 35K or less. And getting them balanced has been a problem requiring the dealer to replace entire sets. Since going to Michelins, no problems and great tread life.

As for our former BH, it came with Freestars that were replaced after 9 years with the Sailuns. The Freestars still looked good but their age was a consideration, not mileage. The equivalent GY’s were almost twice the cost and other owners were posting problems with them. Since we weren’t putting a lot of miles on the rig, the added cost was not justified (along with past experience with Goodyear).

Glad you’re happy with them.

pjones1969

Bought ours from SimpleTire and wouldn’t hesitate to use them again, as others said you can find them on the Walmart website and they will actually come from SimpleTire just depends on which site has the best price at the time, I caught them on sale.

NHCelt

I bought my Sailun's from Walmart cheaper than I could from Simple Tire. The dates were less than 6 months. I had them shipped to house free. By the way, they came from Simple Tire as they were stickered as such.

Thanks to everyone that replied! I followed the Walmart lead not so much because of price, but because I could easily return them if the date codes were old.

Simpletire considers a fresh tire to be within 4 years of manufacture and will not guarantee date codes. Walmart gave me the best of both worlds.

travlingman

Congrats. I had mine installed at Discount Tire and even though I didn't buy from them they still gave a warranty because it was a new tire.

JohnDar

Back when I got mine from Simple Tire, they were delivered to our house. Took them and the rig to Jerry’s Tires (they work on semi’s and cars). Pulled into a drive-through truck bay and they did the balancing and mounting for a reasonable fee.

NHCelt

You mention old. How old is old? You pretty well are at the mercy of the dealers to sell you what they have on hand. I don’t think most would go thru their on hand supply to find the latest build date. Furthermore, these new tires are usually in a rack not subjected to a lot of direct light and heat and if bought from a reputable dealer, are probably stored properly.
I believe what matters more is how your new tires get treated once they’re on your equipment. Using good tire management will allow you to recoup the age of the new tire and is what can make them last longer.

Goodyear wrangler for my truck were almost three years old bought from goodyear.com. I find that unacceptable, but some think its ok. Its not as much of a problem on a car tire for me...but for me a trailer tire is likely to time out before wearing out, so I want them as fresh as possible.

Flick

Goodyear wrangler for my truck were almost three years old bought from goodyear.com. I find that unacceptable, but some think its ok. Its not as much of a problem on a car tire for me...but for me a trailer tire is likely to time out before wearing out, so I want them as fresh as possible.

Good comments and I totally agree.

wdk450

BTW, when I bought 1 Sailun to replace a tire with a deep sidewall cut, it was shipped to me at the RV park I was staying at, and I took it to a local small independent tire shop. I got a cell call from them about 1/2 hour later saying that their tire changing machine couldn't handle the very stiff sidewalls on the tires to get the old one off the rim. Anyone out there having this done might want to ask the tire shop if their machine can do heavy duty tires.

I moved on to Discount Tires who had no problems with the job.

JohnDar

Or take it to someone that does semi trucks. I did when I got my Sailuns and had no problems.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Be aware there are two types of Sailun S637T ST235/80R16 trailer tires with virtually the same specs. Our Big Country came with the 129/125 load index, with a 4080 lb per tire capacity.

We replaced them with the 132/127 load index, with a 4400 lb per tire capacity.

They have a bit more tread and thus a larger outer diameter, but I couldn’t find any other significant difference.

http://gosailun.com/Content/images2/637T/1165_TBCB_PRODUCT SHEET_Sailun MRT_S637T_1120.pdf

6.7LMegaCab

I bought a set of Sailun tires for my rig from simple tire via Amazon in July 2019 and they were all manufactured the first quarter of 2019 if my memory serves me correctly. They were shipped from national tire warehouse, two different locations.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

SNOKING

Be aware there are two types of Sailun S637T ST235/80R16 trailer tires with virtually the same specs. Our Big Country came with the 129/125 load index, with a 4080 lb per tire capacity.

We replaced them with the 132/127 load index, with a 4400 lb per tire capacity.

They have a bit more tread and thus a larger outer diameter, but I couldn’t find any other significant difference.

http://gosailun.com/Content/images2/637T/1165_TBCB_PRODUCT SHEET_Sailun MRT_S637T_1120.pdf

The larger one is a ST235/85R16G. Which was the original one. Then the ST235/80R16G came out. Our 2017 BH3575 came with the 85's.