Satellite cable & Pex Water Fittings

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The brand name of the manifolds on our classic Landmark is Plumb Port Manifold. We have two, one for hot water and one for cold water. Here are some photos....

Attachments

• cold 1.jpg
    cold 1.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 156
  • hot.jpg
    hot.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 145
  • cold 2.jpg
    cold 2.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 134

timdebs

I really like that. Did search for plumb port but no luck like that one. That is just "classy", I suppose part of the reason Heartland named the Landmark "Classic". Very nice! Thanks for the pictures.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
i am glad someone posted some pictures.I wasn"t real sure how to do it.

timdebs

I started working on water lines and wiring. I have read about the "rat's nest" of wires and plumbing in the basement (and I agree), BUT I must admit it is NOT and easy job and is going to be very time consuming! I can now understand even though I do not like the way it looks what part of the problem is. I do not know the order of the contruction line but it is very hard and painful to slide on your back with heater poking in it, needing your left hand to put on crimp rings but can not get there because of the space issue while your right hand is trying to work the crimper or you are trying cut the old pex pipe and get it off the coupling but here again you need 2 hands. IT IS NOT EASY! Like I said I don't like it but will think twice before I complain. MHO

jmgratz

I don't know who the supplier was for the water manifolds in the Classic Landmarks. All I know is it is handy if you need to isolate a water line. I could see it would be a major issue to re-plumb the coach like the Classics are because that would me re-routing all of the water lines. I can turn off the kitchen, bathroom, shower, washer, water heater, outside shower, etc. The hook them all up individually would be a pain in the backside. I know the reason they discontinued the manifold was because of the costs involved. Good luck in your endeavor.

BTW - the reason the 'older' Landmarks and Big Horns are called "Classics" is because they are not made anymore i.e. like in our case the Golden Gate floor plan is out of production. So to make us feel special someone coined the phrase "Classic"

timdebs

I did not know that about why they were called 'Classics", I assumed it was just a type of model. The manifold is really nice. I have seen the other styles that are available now, but really like the old style. Thanks for the info.

Delaine and Lindy

Water Manifold !!!!!!

I was very disappointed when I opened up the basement wall, had to remove the panels no sliding doors and (wood screws :mad: ) had three water leaks when I hooked up to water source at the stick house and it was a 2009 Landmark Augusta and had owned it for 2 days.. And then discovered it had pex crimps and of course I had no pex tool. And then realized there was no water Manifold :confused:. I know Heartland can do better. I was told the same excuse that they discontinued the water Manifold to remain competatived ???? Four out of the 6 5th wheels we owned have had a water Manifold. GBY.....

jmgratz

I was very disappointed when I opened up the basement wall, had to remove the panels no sliding doors and (wood screws :mad: ) had three water leaks when I hooked up to water source at the stick house and it was a 2009 Landmark Augusta and had owned it for 2 days.. And then discovered it had pex crimps and of course I had no pex tool. And then realized there was no water Manifold :confused:. I know Heartland can do better. I was told the same excuse that they discontinued the water Manifold to remain competatived ???? Four out of the 6 5th wheels we owned have had a water Manifold. GBY.....

I thought yall had a Mobile Suites...didnot know you bought another Landmark.

Tom of Ypsi

What he is saying is when he owned his 09 Landmark before buying his Suites. Like all other "Classic" Landmark owners the manifold, the Big Boy Package, hydraulic front landing gears, sliding access panels for the wiring/plumbing are some of the reasons we bought our Landmark plus a whole lot of other reasons. Would I buy another HL product??? You Betcha but not at this time.