Satellite Dish Backer Locations

jbeletti

I'll use post #1 of this thread to post image files showing where the backer is in the roof for satellite dish mounting. Not all Heartland units have this backer and I may not be able to obtain the drawings for all that do. Best efforts will be made.

Update for 10-10-2014: Added Bighorn 3585

Attachments

• Satellite Prewire - Newport - 2014 - August.jpg
    Satellite Prewire - Newport - 2014 - August.jpg
    518.8 KB · Views: 268
  • Satellite Prewire - Ashland - 2014 - August.jpg
    Satellite Prewire - Ashland - 2014 - August.jpg
    419.9 KB · Views: 235
  • Satellite Backer for BH3585.jpg
    Satellite Backer for BH3585.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:

jbeletti

2015 LM Newport and LM Ashland Rooftop Satellite Backer Locations

I have added images to post #1 of this thread, showing the rooftop satellite backer location for:
- 2015 Landmark Newport
- 2015 Landmark Ashland

Re: 2015 LM Newport and LM Ashland Rooftop Satellite Backer Locations

Does the Bighorn 3585 have a rooftop satellite backer? If so, could you post that image identifying its location as well.

jbeletti

Does the Bighorn 3585 have a rooftop satellite backer? If so, could you post that image identifying its location as well.

Alan,

I obtained an roof drawing of the BH3585 from Kary, the Bighorn GM. I excerpted the relevant section of the drawing and annotated it. Find it as attachment 3 of post #1 in this thread. Note that it's a 36"x36" wood backer and it's centered with the shower skylight (front-to-back) in the center of the coach (side-to side).

Kary also told me he adds backer for satellite in all Bighorn floor plans. I can't say what year that started.

Thanks Jim.. I'd be adding a SAT to a new 2015 3585 and the drawing provided is exactly what I was looking for.

TXBobcat

Fulltime

What's a Backer?

What ever it is I'm sure my 2009 BH doesn't have one HUH???

BC

jbeletti

Bob,

Backer can be wood panels or it can be metal structure, strips or plates. In this case, it's a wood panel within the roof.

Your 2009 probably doesn't have the satellite backer, though I've not been able to get the start date of this backer for Bighorn.

SeattleLion

We have a 2014 BH3160. We have the dish on the roof, but I don't think the installer saw any evidence of a backer. It hasn't fallen off, so maybe he found it by accident. Our dish is mounted about a foot or so behind where the prewired cables come out. Are we close?

jbeletti

We have a 2014 BH3160. We have the dish on the roof, but I don't think the installer saw any evidence of a backer. It hasn't fallen off, so maybe he found it by accident. Our dish is mounted about a foot or so behind where the prewired cables come out. Are we close?

Bob - from the drawings, the backer is about 3' x 3' and it's in the center of the roof (side to side) and it starts next to the shower skylight on the floor plans I've seen the backer drawings for.

Jim,
I just picked up my new 2015 3585 a couple of weeks ago and did my install of the TRAV’LER DIRECTV SWM Slimline SAT dish last weekend. In doing so, I followed the drawing provided to find the backer plate. However, much to my dismay, there was a plumbing vent right in the middle of the backer plate. There wasn't any good spot to position the dish where I could get all 9 dish base holding screws into the backing plate at the same time without that vent interfering in some way. I got it installed the best I could, but it would have been much better and easier if that vent was not there or if the backing plate was shifted in a way to accommodate that vent. Something to share with the factory to see if a better arrangement could be designed.
TRAV’LER DIRECTV SWM Slimline

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders

I talked with Elkhart Satelite and they will offer a rally price like in 2013. I plan to have mine installed by them. Will they know about where the backer plate is on my 2015 3260 EL?

jbeletti

I talked with Elkhart Satelite and they will offer a rally price like in 2013. I plan to have mine installed by them. Will they know about where the backer plate is on my 2015 3260 EL?

Brian will not have drawings from Heartland, but he does a lot of RV installs and my sense is that he will know exactly the best place to attach it to the roof.

jbeletti

Jim,
I just picked up my new 2015 3585 a couple of weeks ago and did my install of the TRAV’LER DIRECTV SWM Slimline SAT dish last weekend. In doing so, I followed the drawing provided to find the backer plate. However, much to my dismay, there was a plumbing vent right in the middle of the backer plate. There wasn't any good spot to position the dish where I could get all 9 dish base holding screws into the backing plate at the same time without that vent interfering in some way. I got it installed the best I could, but it would have been much better and easier if that vent was not there or if the backing plate was shifted in a way to accommodate that vent. Something to share with the factory to see if a better arrangement could be designed.
TRAV’LER DIRECTV SWM Slimline

Thanks for this feedback. I have passed it along to the plant. My hope is that we can re-engineer the plumbing system so that no vents are placed through the satellite backer.

bobca1

Is there a backer on Cyclones too? If so anyone know where its located on a 3110?

Dennyha

My 3010 has a satellite pre-wire on the roof, so I'd hope there would be a backer to attach the satellite to.

jlv48

Does anyone have a drawing showing the backer location on a 2015 BigHorn 3570? I am a new owner and want to install a TRAV’LER DIRECTV SWM system. Thanks Jerry

danemayer

Does anyone have a drawing showing the backer location on a 2015 BigHorn 3570? I am a new owner and want to install a TRAV’LER DIRECTV SWM system. Thanks Jerry
Hi jlv48,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Let me suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They should be able to help you.

sknoch

Jbeletti, do you have access to thedrawings for a 2016 Landmark Charleston?

Thanks,
Shawn