Satellite hookup for the bedroom

Hello my name is Richard and I have recently bought a Landmark Oshkosh. I'm having problem wiring the satellite in the bedroom. I do not seem to find any wire going out from the satellite receiver to the TV in the bedroom. There is no HDMI, RCA or coax going to the TV in the cabinet. Everything is hook up correctly from the satellite to the receiver inside the cabinet in the bedroom.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Richard.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Look in your blue packet of paperwork. hopefully the coax schematic is in there. This will help you understand how your RV is wired. After you study that you'll want to go in and tighten every single one of your coax connections throughout your entire RV....

OK now to the bedroom TV
Do you have 1 Sat box in the living room and 1 Sat box in the bedroom ??

Thank you for your response. I have look at the diagram but the problem is there seem to be no coax cable in the cabinet visible where you hookup you satellite receiver.

Richard

farside291

On my Big Country there is only one coax connection to the TV in the Bedroom. It is shared between park cable, over the air and satellite signals. The determining factor on what comes out of the coax to the TV is the connection in the front closet. On my BC, in the front closet, the amplifier has two connections one will have a jumper connected to it. Moving the jumper to the other connection on the amplifier is what will connect the satellite feed to your bedroom TV. Leaving the jumper in place will allow either amplified over the air signals or if you press the red button to out to view park cable. With the red button on (pushed in) you cannot receive park cable. This red button has no affect on satellite to the living or bedroom TVs. That's a good thing because in the living room you can switch between HDMI for the satellite or Ant In for park cable or over the air signals. But the bedroom, it is one or the other because of the single coax connection to the TV. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your response. In our Landmark we have our booster in the bedroom cabinet we also have in that cabinet a prewired input for the satellite but no output (HDMI, RCA, Coax cable). In the living room we have a splitter going to the outside compartment but nothing that I now that will feed the TV in the bedroom from the satellite receiver connected in the living room.

Richard.

Roller4tan

on my Bighorn there are two wall plates in the closet. the plate with the amplifier has two barrel connectors on it. The top is for cable and antenna OUTPUT, the bottom is for satellite only. The second wall plate has one connector INPUT to the tv. Depending on what your input is (cable, antenna or satellite) you jumper to the single wall plate connector.

farside291

Are the Landmarks different than the BC and BH. That's exactly how mine is laid out with two coax on the booster wall plate.
Also, you will need a separate stand alone receiver of some type for the bedroom.

danemayer

Where the satellite comes into the bedroom, do you have wall plates that look something like this?

DSC04407.jpg

Ted_Dee

Hello my name is Richard and I have recently bought a Landmark Oshkosh. I'm having problem wiring the satellite in the bedroom. I do not seem to find any wire going out from the satellite receiver to the TV in the bedroom. There is no HDMI, RCA or coax going to the TV in the cabinet. Everything is hook up correctly from the satellite to the receiver inside the cabinet in the bedroom.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Richard.

Richard, it sounds like the factory forgot to put the HDMI cable on the TV and run it through the cabinet. I do not know how to remove the TV in your Landmark, but you need to buy a cable or perhaps it has fallen through the hole during transport.

Hello,

There is no HDMI connected to the bedroom TV neither is there an HDMI box in the cabinet. We have one in the living room but none in the bedroom. Would this be normal on a Landmark 365 Oshkosh 2017.

Kind of surprise that there is none. I've been able to connect with a coax cable with the past thread, but the picture is blurry and after talking with Shaw they are saying is normal with a coax cable.

Thanks,
Richard.

Roller4tan

In the UDC I installed a satellite power pass splitter for the input from my directv swm dish. the outputs went to the living room and bedroom inputs. I installed my power adapter in the bedroom, connected one lead to the sat connector on the amplifier wall plate and the other to the bedroom tv input plate next to it. At the bedroom tv ran a coax to sat splitter, one output to the mini receiver, other output to coax connector on tv. Hdmi from receiver to tv. Living room entertainment center has two outputs one for cable, antenna and one for sat. connect sat to main receiver, hdmi to tv. separate coax from cable,antenna output to tv. Make sure all connections are TIGHT.

mlpeloquin

Where the satellite comes into the bedroom, do you have wall plates that look something like this?

View attachment 51969

The bottom RV connector is your satellite connection. The top one is, as connected, the antenna and park cable. Park cable the amplifier is off, no red led on, and for over the air antenna, it is on. I set mine up to make it easier to change over to antenna, cable, or satellite dish as pictured.

Bottom one is the satellite dish going through the splitter over to the TV. The other is wired to the splitter that goes to a RF signal level meter. When the antenna amp is on, the red led is lit for the TV antenna. When off it is park cable.
Splitter, Switch, & Sig Ind.JPG

I put a splitter at the other end to allow the TV to be connected directly to the Cable or TV input and allow the satellite receiver to have it's coax input as well. This removes the hassle of moving the coax in the closet and at the TV to switch from park cable/TV antenna and again the TV RF input to the satellite receiver input. So this splitter is being used as a combiner.
TV SplitterJPG.JPG

Thank you for all your help. I was told that with a coax cable we will not be able to have High definition pictures and also wondering if we should have a HDMI connection in the bedroom installed in the cabinet wired to the bedroom TV.
Thanks,
Richard.

danemayer

Thank you for all your help. I was told that with a coax cable we will not be able to have High definition pictures and also wondering if we should have a HDMI connection in the bedroom installed in the cabinet wired to the bedroom TV.
Thanks,
Richard.

You can receive high definition TV via coax on the over the air antenna/cable wiring, so coax is capable of high def. It really depends on the satellite receiver output and the TV input. Also, some newer satellite receivers may not have a coax output.

But if the coax doesn't work for you, running HDMI will certainly do the job.

Thank for you reply. This is the way that I am connected now (HDMI) but I needed to run an HDMI cable over the cabinet door and then running over the windows valance and then under the TV to hookup to the TV. Not very nice and that's why I'm trying to find another way of doing this or should there be an HDMI connection in the cabinet ?

Thanks,
Richard.

danemayer

Thank for you reply. This is the way that I am connected now (HDMI) but I needed to run an HDMI cable over the cabinet door and then running over the windows valance and then under the TV to hookup to the TV. Not very nice and that's why I'm trying to find another way of doing this or should there be an HDMI connection in the cabinet ?

Thanks,
Richard.

I haven't seen HDMI in the bedroom on any rigs I've walked through. If you want an alternative, you can shop Amazon or other sellers for wireless video transmitter/receivers. High-def may still be a bit pricey, but it'll also let you run an outside TV if you want.

farside291

As shown in Danemayers post, the only connection to the bedroom TV is coax. Now, that coax connection coming out of the wall is normally connected to the satellite receiver. The satellite receiver is connected via HDMI or in some cases coax to the TV. The amplifier wall plate is used only to select whether or not you are viewing over the air signals, booster on, park cable booster off. If you want satellite to the coax in the bedroom the jumper wire must be moved over to the bottom connection on the amplifier wall plate. Unless the Oshkosh is different from most others.

Thank you, I was not aware that the technology was there yet. I am going to look into it.

Thank you all for your replies. It's appreciated.

Richard.

richheck

Seasoned Member
Thank you, I was not aware that the technology was there yet. I am going to look into it.

Richard.

Richard

My early 17 LM365 Arlington came with just the OTA coax to the bedroom TV. I had to remove the see thru mirror to get to the back of the bedroom TV to connect my HDMI cable that connects to my Wally Dish receiver that I installed in the bedroom. Was an easy install after removing the mirror for work room, used the existing hole supplied from the factory that they used for the OTA cable and power. I installed a Winegard Traveler on my roof and made the necessary jumpers for the ODC connections allowing two receivers, one in the living room and one in the bedroom. My early model 17 had the outside cabinet for an additional TV already prewired for OTA and power inside the coach so all I had to do was drill an access hole for the power and coax to,go to the set. Being I wanted HD to the outside set I installed a wireless HDMI to the outside set that I connected to the living room receiver, this allows both sets to mirror each other, being the receivers are Wallys I purchased an additional Dish remote to control the living room receiver from outside (UHF not IR)

Everything works great.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Richard.
I use IOGEAR wireless HDMI boxes. It works pretty good.
It's a bit pricey though.
With the IOGEAR mine has 5 inputs, I have
#1 main dish box
#2 DVD Blu-ray #1
#3 DVD Blu-ray #2
#4 chromecast
#5 Apple TV

So you can watch any one of those devices from any TV and all of the components are in the living room cabinet.
It's not perfect the remotes are a little slow to respond but they work.

Just another option
Jerrod

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk