Schwintek Slide Problems - Big Country 3965DSS

Hi, all. I hope someone can help us out.

We own a 2019 Big Country 3965DSS. This is one of the Big Country models with a Superslide (slide-within-a-slide). The large Schwintek slide, the one that contains the smaller superslide, is jammed. Specifically, the bottom of the slide is retracted some 8#; the top is not retracted at all. (I have a photo but haven't figured out how to include it here.) Attempting to override the motors does not work.

A mobile RV mechanic disconnected the motors. After doing so, three adult males were unable to push the slide in. The mechanic's opinion is that the weight of the slide, which is some 11' long and also contains another slide, is so great that we are simply unable to push it in.

The local RV repair shop is reaching out to Lippert for advice before moving further. I thought perhaps someone on the forum might have experienced a similar problem and can suggest a route forward.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rick Shook

CDN

B and B
Hello Rick,

There was a thread on here a while ago on a Landmark OshKosh I believe that had the same slide system as yours. The floor in the larger slide had swollen from water ingress and did not move, much like you are describing. I was unable to find the thread.

I have a Landmark Louisville since March of this year with slide in slide but it is just the bed. I have not expend any schwintek issues with this model. A SOB I had major issues with a large slide, they rebuilt this (2012 model).

Brian,

Thanks for the quick replies. I’ll look at the Facebook Groups link.

I’m not sure we’ve got the same problem that you reported. Our slide is stuck at the top, not the bottom. The bottom started to retract but the top did not move at all. Of course, it is possible that water incursion at the TOP is the cause of the jamming.

We ran into problems early on caused by not moving the Schwintek slides all the way in or out, and have been very conscientious in doing so since learning about their proper operation.

Rick Shook