Screws stripping out of cabinets

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Thank you, Scott. I must admit that I've been very concerned that these posts were falling on deaf ears. Rework is expensive, whether at the dealer or the factory and I appreciate your taking these comments to the quality meetings.

rosco

screws

Hi guys, I replied to this but I guess it went straight to Scott or got lost in space.... Here goes AGAIN ... I guess I am one of those... "who talks because he can",.... Well not quite .. It's my right .. one that I served for and defended ..... I was very pro Heartland and almost bought one last year....but as time went by and I read and read and saw for myself ,, I became very concerned... Just to make sure I was not judging in error or talking out of my %$#, I again went to Tampa today a 200+ mile trip to double check... I am sorry to report that my original observations were correct and on close inspection found more quality issues... Like Forest Gump said" It's like a box of chocolate You never know what you will get" and that's true of any manufacturer.... I just hope and pray that what ever I end up with will be ok... The only thing Iam sure of, it won't be a Heartland product... Accordingly I am signing off this forum....I want to thank all those who shared with me .. especially Jim, Jeff and Tom who were especially gracious to me in provinding information and guidance... I will continue to monitor your future adventures and feel free to PM me anytime... Good luck in all your future travels and God Bless,,,, Rosco "the one who did because he could"

Last edited:

jbeletti

Hey rosco,

You are always welcome here, with a Heartland product or without. And when you do buy a unit, let us know what you got. This brand 5er or that brand 5er, they're more similar than not in terms of systems etc. - so I am sure we'll have issues in common and can continue to share with and learn from each other.

Your admin/mod/friend at the Heartland Owners Forum,

Jim

Tom of Ypsi

Rosco, Take care friend and hope to see you on the road. BTW I went to the Ford dealer and I do not have a recall on my truck. At least something is going right. PM me whenever you want. Good luck with the trailer you decide to get and let all of us know how it is.

Tom

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I'm sorry to see you go too Rosco, but I certainly understand. Like the others have said before me, good luck with whatever you buy.

I'm glad to have heard from Scott Tuttle, but in all three of his posts, he said exactly the same thing, and nothing I did not expect him to say. "We're very concerned about quality control and promise to improve" (not an exact quote). What did anyone expect him to say?

That being said, the future will tell the tale of what happens with Heartland. Luckily for me, I have awhile before I have to make up my mind about what to buy, so I'll be here lurking and watching with great interest what unfolds.