SeeLevel Tank Monitoring System

Kathi-27

is anyone using seelevel monitor system and what do you think of how well it works. thinking of getting system.

jbeletti

Re: tank monitor system

I added it myself to my current coach. So far, I've only added the sensor to my freshwater tank. Perhaps this fall, I'll be adding sensors to my gray tanks and maybe my black tank. Gaining access to the tanks is the biggest aspect of installing this system.

If you have any other questions about the systems, just ask. I'll move this thread out of this General forum with a 1 week auto-redirect.

jayc

Legendary Member
We never use the tank monitors. When the black tank burps, it's full. When the kitchen sink doesn't drain or the shower doesn't drain, they're full.

jbeletti

Thanks for sharing Erika. For me, I use a model that outputs RV-C, which is a CAN-BUS signal. I use that signal to start / stop RO water production. But who knows what I'll do on my next coach :)

LBR

I've had the last model in my Amazon wish list for quite sometime now watching it. The last 3-4 months I noticed it was not available from the supplier I had listed. This makes sense now that they sold out the older model and awaiting this new model...thanx for the info.

dykesj11

We never use the tank monitors. When the black tank burps, it's full. When the kitchen sink doesn't drain or the shower doesn't drain, they're full.

Yep, same here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rangles

I think the tank monitor/level is a waste of time .
It only seems to work properly for a few months, my rig is one year old and all tanks are registering different levels while empty.
Im sure it's just a matter of dirt and grime covering the sensors.
That being said I wouldn't waste any money installing any .

Cody

2017 Heartland Elkridge 39MBHS

Last edited:

CarterKraft

I think the tank monitor/level is a waste of time .
It only seems to work properly for a few months, my rig is one year old and all tanks are registering different levels while empty.
Im sure it's just a matter of dirt and grime covering the censors.
That being said I wouldn't waste any money installing any .

Cody

2017 Heartland Elkridge 39MBHS

I think that is the point of the SeeLevel gauges, they don't foul like the continuity type sensors.
Check rvgauge.com for more information.

jbeletti

Well that's makes sense then , I thought who would want to go to all the trouble of installing these.
🤔

I largely agree with experienced RVers that the tank sensors, being sketchy at best, are for many of us, of minimal value.

That said, for my use case, knowing with a decent level of precision, how much "fresh" water I have - has a lot of value to me as I pre-process all of my water and use my fresh water tank for 100% of my water usage needs.

Rangles

I largely agree with experienced RVers that the tank sensors, being sketchy at best, are for many of us, of minimal value.

That said, for my use case, knowing with a decent level of precision, how much "fresh" water I have - has a lot of value to me as I pre-process all of my water and use my fresh water tank for 100% of my water usage needs.

In in that case I can understand your need to keep up with your level in the tank .
For me we are always on the grid somewhere, tank water does come in handy when water gets shut off for repairs and such .