Several Items

PSF513

Just picked up our 2011 BH 3610 3 weeks ago and took it on its maiden voyage that weekend. Getting ready to go to Lippert in Denver, PA for a TriGlide AirRide Pin Box install. Questions that have arisen are:
1. Have the sewer hose extender on the unit. The flexible connector is ridged as is the sewer hose. The don't slide well, one inside the other. Is there something else you would suggest to replace the flexible part that has a smooth interior?
2. Any idea how much the new Pin Box adds to the tongue weight?
3. Shower (enclosure I think) seems to have a small leak that ends up on the bathroom floor. I'm going to take it to my dealer for repair but is there anything I can do myself?
4. Is there any recommendations on how to carry bicycles? I am not crazy about a rack that attaches to the ladder and Lippert will void frame warranty (so I'm told) if I have a receiver mounted to frame. In light of our new Pin Box, that is out also.

THANKS Look forward to hearing from you.

Willym

Well, for your question 4, the 2011 BH's should have attachment points for a receiver at the rear suitable for a bike rack. I believe that there is a factory approved receiver with a 1.25" square receptacle. The attachment are pieces of what looks like 4" angle iron with a some holes drilled in them.

For Q3, get someone to monitor the outside of the shower while someone uses it. You should be able find the source of the water, and it may well be a break in the caulking on the inside of the unit. A dab of silicone caulking can usually fix this.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Pete,

Congrats on the new rig! Is that the 3610 with the auto-level on it?

The shower probably just needs some clear silicone spread around all the seams. I did that and no more leaks. Can't help with the other questions - sorry. Looking forward to seeing that new rig.

PSF513

Willym: Thanks. There are 2 small sections of the frame at the rear but our dealer says putting a hitch there voids the warranty. Can't afford that. Looking forward to the factory response.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
For the bicycle rack, Lippert has added brackets to add a bike rack on the back of the trailer. Do a search on the forum and view the posts.

You said you are getting the "TriGlide AirRide Pin Box install". You might take a look at these threads about a bike rack on the pinbox.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/2110-Bike-rack

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/14284-New-Bike-Rack-for-Bighorn

Hope this helps..
BC

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hey Pete, as I said in the email, CONGRATULATIONS. I can't wait to see it.

As far as #3 goes, I think a lot of people including myself have had some amount of water from the shower. No big deal. Go get some bath and tub clear silicone and seal on the inside of the shower where the glass frame comes down and meets the shower pan.

PSF513

Thanks to all who contributed. Still waiting to hear from the factory. Looking forward to the TriGlide AirRide.

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I'm sure you will like the tri-glide pin box. I have no real idea what the pin box weighs, but I have one. When we ordered our '08 Bighorn that was a must have but the tri glide wasn't available then. I ordered the tri-glide lower arm and had it installed a few weeks back. There is a tremendous difference in the ride now. Here in Oklahoma we have to contend with rough roads all the time and it didn't take long to realize the improved ride. Whatever the weight is I'm sure you will say it is worth it for the ride experience.

K

karykatz

Pete & Deb,

I hope you are enjoying your new rig. Our forum memebers have done a great job answering most of your questions. Changing your hitch shouldn't change your pin weight. Please have you dealer check the water leak. Also, ask your dealer about the sewer hose connection they may have someting that can make it easier. We do offer a bike rack option from Lippert that does not void your warranty. It is a reciever hitch wth an attachment for your bikes. The hitch mounts right to you frame. Hope this was helpful. please enjoy your new Coach.

PSF513

Kary: This is very helpful. Thanks. We love our BH so far except that today, when breaking camp to go to Denver, PA for the TriGlide, our hydraulic leveling system failed in the leveled mode. Only through a lot of hard work and some great coaching from Vance in the Lippert Tech Support, was I finally able to override it, becom mobile, get the TriGlide installed, and make it home. It goes back to the dealer first thing Saturday morning (need to get it square before we leave for Nashville).

THANKS AGAIN

We had an intermittent leak at the base of the shower on our 08 3385 which we finally attributed to seepage into the cover over the shower faucet (around the shower hose outlet on the top). Over time it would build up to the point where it would run out of the supply line holes behind the shower and come out under the front edge. Quick fix was drilling two small weep holes in the bottom of the chromed plastic cover and presto no more leak.