Sewer Hose Storage and run

Bones

I decided to combine my sewer lines since I have a rear bathroom. I also wanted to keep the hose out of my storage area so with a little internet assistance this is what I came up with. I plan on making higher supports for the two hose runs and that should give me better flow. Work in progress.:)

IMG_20150411_172225.jpgIMG_20150411_172255.jpgIMG_20150411_172248.jpgIMG_20150419_080034.jpgIMG_20150419_080024.jpg

SilverRhino

I have a section of the same type of plastic fence post that I plan on installing. Playing around with some different methods of attaching the ends so that they would be secure, yet easily removable. How are you fastening yours?

MCTalley

Nice way to add hose storage. Let us know how it holds up long term.

We used to have a two outlet trailer (rear kitchen). The few times I used one of those "Y" adapters, I found that the black tank junk would end up backing up into the other hose if it wasn't elevated enough to minimize that backflow. Wondering if a couple inline gate valves might improve that setup?

ncc1701e

I have a section of the same type of plastic fence post that I plan on installing. Playing around with some different methods of attaching the ends so that they would be secure, yet easily removable. How are you fastening yours?

A small bungee cord and an eye bolt Cap has never come off in 7000 miles. Oh, paint the post black before installing. After a couple pulls the white looks crappy. LOL....

Attachments

• Sewer Hose Holder Closed.jpg
    Sewer Hose Holder Closed.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 314
  • Sewer Hose Holder Open.jpg
    Sewer Hose Holder Open.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 293

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
When I did mine...I used an igloo hinge and latch and used the fence post "glue" to secure one end. Been working for me for 5 years. I did find that unless you put some small screws at the top of the brackets into the tube...the tubing will move sideways when traveling.

Attachments

• trailer mods 022 (Large).jpg
    trailer mods 022 (Large).jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 231
  • trailer mods 021 (Large).jpg
    trailer mods 021 (Large).jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 218
  • trailer mods 023 (Large).jpg
    trailer mods 023 (Large).jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 213

pegmikef

Nice job. I just used the ones that Heartland provides. My BH came with one and I bought a second one (27 bucks) from Heartland. These open at either end.

Attachments

• sewr3.JPG
    sewr3.JPG
    211.4 KB · Views: 272
  • sewr2.JPG
    sewr2.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 239

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
A small bungee cord and an eye bolt Cap has never come off in 7000 miles. Oh, paint the post black before installing. After a couple pulls the white looks crappy. LOL....

We we did the same. Works great! Painted black.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Nice job. I just used the ones that Heartland provides. My BH came with one and I bought a second one (27 bucks) from Heartland. These open at either end.
Mike how long is that one? Mine is only about 4 feet and will not go from rail to rail.

pegmikef

Mike how long is that one? Mine is only about 4 feet and will not go from rail to rail.

Mike, It is 69 1/2 inches and is about an inch and a half shy of of going to the outer edges of both rails. As a result, mine is attached to the rail (as shown in the previous pix) on the ODS and it is screwed into the metal bottom of the generator compartment on the DS. The screws come out quite close to the left wall of the comparment.

tomsws6

Thats a great idea! I just dumped my tanks for the first time yesterday and what job that was... The hose keeps falling inbetween the holders, and then you have to walk the line lifting the hose up so it drains.... These are great ideas!

Last edited:

Bones

I was out camping so a little late posting but here is how I attach the caps.

0504151250a.jpg 0504151250b.jpg0504151250.jpg

Bones

Tom, I was going to paint them black but was in a rush to get them operational. I like your tray in the one. What is it?

Bones

When I did mine...I used an igloo hinge and latch and used the fence post "glue" to secure one end. Been working for me for 5 years. I did find that unless you put some small screws at the top of the brackets into the tube...the tubing will move sideways when traveling.

This is a good idea. Looks good

Bones

Nice way to add hose storage. Let us know how it holds up long term.

We used to have a two outlet trailer (rear kitchen). The few times I used one of those "Y" adapters, I found that the black tank junk would end up backing up into the other hose if it wasn't elevated enough to minimize that backflow. Wondering if a couple inline gate valves might improve that setup?

I plan on making higher supports for the hose so hopefully that does not happen. I have been watching the flow and a good bit of it goes the the center hose but some does go to the other hose. So far no issue. I will keep the gate valves in mind if needed in the future. Thanks

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Tom, I was going to paint them black but was in a rush to get them operational. I like your tray in the one. What is it?

We found that vinyl gutters from Lowes, fit right in the fence post. I can get 40' of sewage hose in that baby.

jsc3s5.jpg

MdMike

I decided to combine my sewer lines since I have a rear bathroom. I also wanted to keep the hose out of my storage area so with a little internet assistance this is what I came up with. I plan on making higher supports for the two hose runs and that should give me better flow. Work in progress.:)

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
How hard was the drilling thru the frame rail? I am looking at a similar setup but will use 6" PVC piping and mount with a bolts, fender washers, loc washers and nuts thru the pie into the frame rail. Just curious how hard the drilling was.