Short at output for Prodigy P3

sjs731

So I had my Prodigy P3 screen turn red and tell me there was a "short at output" "no brakes" and there were no brakes. So many crawled in the rig and could hear by one backing plate a "ticking" sound so I cut the wires and it stopped and the brakes were back at the other 3 wheels. Since I've never run into this before and I have done a little research I am thinking the magnet is bad and causing the short? Any input is appreciated.

Steve

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I've had the same issue when I had drum brakes and yes it was the magnets. Actually two of them.
Here is a link to a method of testing the magnets. [LINK]

Peace
Dave

sjs731

Make sure you check your supply wires too. I had direct shorts in my axles.

That was one other thought I had that the short could be before that wheel inside the axle. Was it difficult to fish new wires through.

Steve

Bones

That was one other thought I had that the short could be before that wheel inside the axle. Was it difficult to fish new wires through.

Steve
I didn't even attempt it. I ran the wires in a wire loom behind the axle and zipped tied them as well as duct tapped them to the axle. I figure at least this way I can get to them.

sjs731

It was a magnet problem. Not sure how it came off but it was wrapped around the spindle. I am assuming it was not put back together correctly at the dealer where they checked all my wheel bearing after I had a failure. I put a new brake assembly and problem solved. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444825473.726294.jpg

Steve

Bones

It was a magnet problem. Not sure how it came off but it was wrapped around the spindle. I am assuming it was not put back together correctly at the dealer where they checked all my wheel bearing after I had a failure. I put a new brake assembly and problem solved. View attachment 40882

Steve
Good. Now you can get back to Rv'ing