Show off your towing rig!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Hippy, that truck had to be somewhere close to Mexico. I see them all the time on I 15 in SoCal headed south.

Hippy

The truck ( F150 ) was parked in the city industry, CA ( 605fwy/10fwy ).
I'm sure he was making a pit stop at a taco stand there.

AAdams

Finally picked up our new RAM today. 2014 RAM 3500 Laramie Crew Cab, 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, Aisin, 4.10 Rear end. ( click pic to see a bigger pic )
Truck2.jpgTS3Hitch.jpg

Attachments

• 14RAM3500.jpg
    14RAM3500.jpg
    733.8 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:

khalsey

It appears I may come in with the oldest rig here. 02 F350, just went over 100K last week.[/QUOTE]

I can probably take that spot. 1996 Dodge Ram 3500 that I have had for 15 years with 84,000 miles.IMG_4311.jpg

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I can probably take that spot. 1996 Dodge Ram 3500 that I have had for 15 years with 84,000 miles.

View attachment 33917

My 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 that I sold four months ago had 164,000 miles on it . . . almost all original parts and still purred like a kitten when I sold it.

The new owner now lives in Rochester, NY and has put over 12,000 miles trouble free (except for a burnt out headlight and headlight switch) on it pulling his car collection from Denver to New York.

I do miss that truck . . . I always thought I'd never sell it . . . but I really don't need two trucks anymore.

khalsey

It appears I may come in with the oldest rig here. 02 F350, just went over 100K last week.[
I can probably take that spot. 1996 Dodge Ram 3500 that I have had for 15 years with 84,000 miles.View attachment 33917

Senior moment. Had the truck for 19 years. Will keep it until I don't need a truck anymore. Several years I hope.

AAdams

I'm a Ford guy but that's a **** nice looking truck.

Thank you. I don't think we will have any problems pulling our 5'er with this truck. We are picking up our TS3 hitch today and looking at getting some running boards also. A lot better than the 07 GMC 3500 work truck with manual windows and locks.

AAdams

I have a question for the "Ram" owners. It appears that the GCVW rating on the 3500's DRW has dropped about 8K. Not wanting to start a Ford..Dodge..Chevy fight, cause I dont care what you like or drive. That your choice and money. Were the ads on TV for 2014's wrong or what?? I also noticed that Ford has bumped theirs 200#. GM's are still at 31K for a 2WD DRW 3500 and 30500# for a 3500 DRW 4WD like mine as far as I know.

PS...I have never figured out why truck dicussions always turn into my truck is better than yours. They are all good trucks....so whats the beef??

When I checked my VIN on RAMS web site the 2014 Ram 3500 Laramie that we just picked up 3 days ago it still shows 37,500 lb GCVW.

danemayer

Looking at the ramtrucks.com website, actual towing specs vary considerably depending on the configuration. The advertisements show the best specs based on a specific configuration. No doubt the same on all brands.

jeffdee

I serviced the new hitch today. Lubed, greased and torqued all the bolts in preparation for our camping trip Thursday. I decided to take the Cyclone 3110 for a short pull (10 miles round trip). I live in a rural area outside of Baton Rouge. The weather was nice and the F350 pulled this toyhauler like it wasn't even there behind me. Future trips are going to be so much nicer to tow the 5'ver.

Attachments

• posefte.jpg
    posefte.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 99