Shower door handles won't stay on

JanAndBill

The handles on the glass shower doors in our 3260EL keep slipping off. They came with a rubber strip which goes over the door and then the metal handle slides over this. There doesn't appear to be any adhesive on anything. Any one else had this problem and if so what did you do to fix it. Thinking I need to use an adhesive, but not sure of what to use, since I'm dealing with glass, rubber and metal.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
My 1st call would be to HL service and ask them if they now what repairs can be made....or....do they have an updated handle.

wdk450

I would get some RVers GOOP, available at most WalMarts in the RV section. This is a elastometric adhesive good for lots of stuff around the RV.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I would get some RVers GOOP, available at most WalMarts in the RV section. This is a elastometric adhesive good for lots of stuff around the RV.

This is what I used and it works great. I would not yank on the hands with it, but general use, it is working just fine.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Heartland buys the doors from a manufacture with the handles already attached. They probably would not have any info on it.

JanAndBill

Thanks all, going to try the RV Goop and see what happens.

Found the goop. Attempting to glue everything back in place. In the process dropped the pieces and had to clean up the mess LOL, but everything back in place now will see how it holds once it dries.

wdk450

Found the goop. Attempting to glue everything back in place. In the process dropped the pieces and had to clean up the mess LOL, but everything back in place now will see how it holds once it dries.

Well, if you dripped in the shower pan, LEAVE IT!!! It doesn't look to good after a while, but it sure helps with the slippery shower pan problem. I never could get the rubber mats or decals to stay put.

JanAndBill

Update on the doors. RV Goop wins the day. They haven't come off since. That stuff is great, have found some other applications to use it on. Between it and duct tape I think you could just about fix anything.

wdk450

Update on the doors. RV Goop wins the day. They haven't come off since. That stuff is great, have found some other applications to use it on. Between it and duct tape I think you could just about fix anything.

One thing I have learned about RV Goop and all of the Goop products. After being opened, and after a couple of months, it looses stickyness in the tube, unless you can waste a bunch to get down to some fresh stuff.

Bayouslug

Thanks, I was looking for an answer......mine won't stay on either....also the glass slides out of the tract also, we have taken it all apart once. :D