Shower drain not connected???? Seriously???

Had water coming out of tub, going across the floor, and out the belly membrane after taking a shower 2 weeks ago. Thought it my fault and installed splash guards in tub corners. Wife gave son a shower and saw water coming from UNDER tub.
Pulled access panel and found the drain line not connected, and some VERY shoddy craftsmanship to boot. Also, a lot of very wet insulation.
Dealer is bringing us back in November, bought it 2 months ago, but whaddya gonna do?

But really, the construction under the tub was crap. The installer should be fired, his supervisor, and their manager too.

Attachments

• 20180930_155119.jpg
    20180930_155119.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 123

BLR

Happens on all RV's, friend had a new SOB same thing..

Sent from BLR Logistics

carl.swoyer

Had water coming out of tub, going across the floor, and out the belly membrane after taking a shower 2 weeks ago. Thought it my fault and installed splash guards in tub corners. Wife gave son a shower and saw water coming from UNDER tub.
Pulled access panel and found the drain line not connected, and some VERY shoddy craftsmanship to boot. Also, a lot of very wet insulation.
Dealer is bringing us back in November, bought it 2 months ago, but whaddya gonna do?

But really, the construction under the tub was crap. The installer should be fired, his supervisor, and their manager too.
Consider putting a dehumidifier with an automatic pump in the basement let it run continious .
Remove the center wall.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Actually, with the minimal amount of wear indications, and the shower surround mfg sticker still in place, I believe it's quite possible the previous owner never used it.

Not sure about the suggestion to put a dehumidifier in the "basement " where is that, and the "center wall"?

carl.swoyer

Consider putting a dehumidifier with an automatic pump in the basement let it run continious .
Remove the center wall.

I guess I for some reason thought you had a fifth wheel.

LBR

Could be someone well overweight had weighted down the drain area and it broke....maybe was under stress when built. Consider fabricating and attaching a couple of wooden supports next to the drain across from each other.

I could see this whole mess buckling under the weight of an adult. I weigh 230, and would never have climbed in if I'd seen what passed for support under the tub.
We got a 90 day warranty from the dealer, and thought we would take them up on it, but I can see myself fixing it prior to Nov 20. And adding more support.
The clearance for the p trap was made with a 5 inch hole saw, drilled to make 3 overlapping holes to REALLY open the floor, and the 2x4 blocks hang in the air over the hole. The piping is also poorly done.
This construction would be marginal, done properly. It's junk the way it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the support

Attachments

• 20180930_163426.jpg
    20180930_163426.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 77

carl.swoyer

Could be someone well overweight had weighted down the drain area and it broke....maybe was under stress when built. Consider fabricating and attaching a couple of wooden supports next to the drain across from each other.
If this we were true I'm thinking the shower floor would have some cracks. The floor should not move at all, no flex, none ,nahta bit.

bwdt

Same with mine
Shower drain not connected, flooded basement
Kitchen sink drain and scupper not tight, caught that on inspection
Black tank to toilet missing flange, not connected, bad odors.

And a whole lot more.

Mine had a loose connection at the drain fitting. Tightened it but still had a leak so I took the drain out of the shower floor and found it only had plumbers putty on one half. cleaned it and put new plumbers putty on and now no leaks. Water also soaked insulation and has been leaking everytime we used the shower but was not visable inside the trailer. Don't know how much damage it caused. Bought new in March.20180917_132438.jpg

PapaFixIt

My 2019 Pioneer RD210 shower leaked at first use. Got under there and found the tail connector broken, and covered in grease(?). When I went to replace it (my dealer had me sign a document saying that if I didn't buy their extended warranty I was on my own for warranty work) I noticed that there wasn't much room for the trap under the floor. I added two braces and replaced the tail with a hard rubber line in case there's some compression. Worked well last trip out. I weigh 220.

bwdt

You still have your factory warranty, the dealer cannot have you sign that away, and they are still required to honor it and do the repairs, it's in their contract with Heartland.....I would send Heartland a bill for your time and costs to fo the repairs along with pics of what you found.

My 2019 Pioneer RD210 shower leaked at first use. Got under there and found the tail connector broken, and covered in grease(?). When I went to replace it (my dealer had me sign a document saying that if I didn't buy their extended warranty I was on my own for warranty work) I noticed that there wasn't much room for the trap under the floor. I added two braces and replaced the tail with a hard rubber line in case there's some compression. Worked well last trip out. I weigh 220.