Shower Sealant/Caulk

charliehorse

I need to re-caulk/seal my shower enclosure frame - 2009 Sundance - please recommend the sealer- adhesive...any special instructions ? thanks

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Charliehorse, I moved your post out of the ask the factory. This is a pretty simple project and you can use any 100% silicone product. I've re-caulked ours and used clear silicone with good results. The important part is the prep and removal of the old sealant. Make sure you get all the old sealant off and clean the area good with alcohol and make sure the surfaces are DRY before the new sealant goes down.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I found a leak in my shower the other day also. It had the clear silicone and was hard to see the condition of the caulk, so I went back with regular white tub and tile caulk. Only put it on the inside so if you do have a leak again it will come out on the floor and not stay on the inside and rot out the floor.

I like the white caulk because I can see that it is effectly covering all of the inside seams.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I need to re-caulk/seal my shower enclosure frame - 2009 Sundance - please recommend the sealer- adhesive...any special instructions ? thanks
Just curious as you have an 09 unit...why do you need to re-caulk it? I'm guessing it was never sealer properly from the factory and leaks?

charliehorse

Well.... you have a tall shower door which puts stress on the enclosure and floor pan - someone opens & shuts the door ..you move the thing 15,000 miles @ 65 mph ..stuff happens .....I first notices drop or two - then saw where a long strip of clear caulk was peeling back ...