shower valves and color

Hi . I bought a 2011 32RL this year in July. I noticed on our 2nd trip that the shower valve didnt match anything inside the trailer. ALL the hardware and faucets are bronze color, except the shower valve it is nickle. When I asked to have it replaced they said they couldnt because they didnt buy bronze ones...
I know they have a decorating department, I find it had to believe that the decorators didn't get everything to match. You look at the bathroom sink faucet and it is bronze, kitchen faucet.. bronze.. drawer pulls.. bronze
I just think I spend over $40k for a trailer and the hardware doesnt match.. no help from factory to replace because they dont have it...

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bobby, just to be clear. You called HL service yourself and they told you they dont have one for your unit?? Just asking, wanting to make sure it's not your dealer telling you this. It does seem a little strange even to me. By shower valve...are you talking about the little knob in the shower control??

You sound a little upset...but I would like to invite you to the Socal rally in October at Lake Skinner. The info is on the portal page in the events section. Ya never know....maybe we can find a knob the right color in someones coach and swap it...maybe they wont notice.

twohappycampers

Hey Bobby, I noticed that too, mine are the same nickel colour. If you're talking about the entire shower assembly (the taps, the shower head, etc.) when you say "shower valve". I would have expected that they would be bronze colour like everything else. I just assumed that they weren't made in bronze at all, but I haven't checked in a store or anything. I just ignore it because it's inside the shower and out of sight. Let me know if you find out anything else. Take good care - Lorna

PS I just checked online and oil-rubbed bronze shower fixtures are all over the place! hmmmm ... makes one wonder doesn't it?

PPS Could others chime in, please, and tell us if they have all their fixtures in bronze except for the shower? Thanks!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Our last rig had nickel in the shower as does our current rig. I guess that's the norm.
And as was stated before it's all alone in the shower. And personally I like it that way.

Peace
Dave

twohappycampers

Our last rig had nickel in the shower as does our current rig. I guess that's the norm.
And as was stated before it's all alone in the shower. And personally I like it that way.

Peace
Dave

Agreed, it certainly isn't a big deal for me. I sometimes just like to know the reasons for something that appears strange. I have bigger fish to fry. :)

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

Peace
Dave

Mine came as nickel also. Never saw a real reason for it either, as everything else is bronze. Saw one in a dealer with bronze once.
Bothered me a little at first, but now I look right past it and don't even notice it. Trace

twohappycampers

Mine came as nickel also. Never saw a real reason for it either, as everything else is bronze. Saw one in a dealer with bronze once.
Bothered me a little at first, but now I look right past it and don't even notice it. Trace

Hi Trace! That is, until it was brought up here today, right? Oh oh oh, I know! It's the shower that's the right colour, and everything else in the unit is wrong :eek: Just kidding!!

My guess is that the factory only had the nickle showers in stock when they were building ours, so said what-the-heck, why not? Who'll notice or object? They don't know us very well!

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
They've been using the nickle shower fixtures with the bronze since at least 2007, as that's the way mine is in a 08 BH. It bothered me at first, but I don't think about it much anymore. I'm much more annoyed by the bone colored shower and toilet with the bright white sink.... :)

guyc66

I know this thread is a year old but thought I would add my two cents. We had this same issue with our 2011 Landmark Grand Canyon......nickel finish on the shower faucet, slide bar, etc. that didn't match the bronze finish of everything else in the 5ver. After a year of living with it my wife accidentally broke the cold water knob so an excuse to replace it with the right color finish finally presented itself. With a quick internet search I found what we were looking for from DuraFaucet and ordered the complete set. It matches the bathroom faucet perfectly so other than the fact that we don't have the Oxygenics Spa handheld showerhead anymore we couldn't be happier. DuraFaucet also gave me a 50% off coupon on my next order just for reviewing their products I purchased online.

A.jpg B.jpg

Last edited:

BobnBet

We just bought a 2013 Bighorn. It has bronze everywhere except the shower, which has brushed nickel. Strange! It doesn't look good at all!
BobnBet

Westwind

Same with our 2012 Bighorn, I thought it was strange but figured it would be easier to keep clean. The other thing that was strange was the nickle toilet paper holder and the I think it was a toothbrush holder in a cabinet and not mounted.

Strange.

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
I asked our dealer about the nickel plated shower parts as well when we were doing our walk-through. Evidently that's how it's done. I wasn't real happy about it but have learned to live with it. I did purchase rubbed bronze accessories to help ease the pain:). I did not use the toothbrush holder or toilet paper holder that came with the Bighorn not just because of the whole nickel thing but also because I didn't want anything attached to the walls in the bath area.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I did not use the toothbrush holder or toilet paper holder that came with the Bighorn not just because of the whole nickel thing but also because I didn't want anything attached to the walls in the bath area.

Monica & Don,
I agree. We didn't either. It just seemed like something for me to bump into and knock off the wall. Trace

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Monica & Don,
I agree. We didn't either. It just seemed like something for me to bump into and knock off the wall. Trace

I think ours are buried somewhere at the back of the vanity cabinet, if we still have them. A decorative toothbrush holder sits behing the faucet, along with a soap dispenser. The towel ring came from some home center store, maybe even Walmart's.

But in regards to the shower faucet, can you tell it doesn't match? With soap in my eyes, I don't care what color it is.

View attachment 22086View attachment 22085

jayandhisgals

I know it's a little thing but our New 2012 Cyclone has the same nickle shower fixtures. Drives me INSANE!:mad: I am just O.C.D. like that! I also noticed that the towel hooks in the bathroom and coat closet are brushed brass, not oiled bronz. Really driving me crazy. If HL can't get me the matching parts I guess I'll have to go with the previous mentioned solution and find the Durafaucet set and replace it myself. Also plan on replacing all the hooks and bathroom accesories such at tp holder, towel, toothbrush holder etc. Such nice rig, everything should match perfectly. Ugggg!:confused: Must have been a man who overlooked the little details.