side camera location

d2freak82

I'm doing haloview camera system, but that's irrelevant.

What I'm running into/thinking - most people mount their side cameras on front marker light of the camper (I have bighorn 40ft 5th wheel, 09) - my initial thoughts were I could see the front with the mirrors so I should probably mount mid coach. Then I started thinking well it might be nice to look at the screen over the mirror then screen so on.
I held the camera up in the front location and it appears the awning leg is very close to the front running light so the view may be inhibited (or partially blocked) due to that leg being there. So maybe I should still mount it midway down. The driver side I could mount in the front but I think it would be weird to have 1 up front and 1 middle but I could be wrong.
Wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts/advise on this?IMG_1365.jpeg

Bogie

I considered two ways of dealing with the problem of the awning arm blocking the camera view.

One was to 3D print a stand off bracket (spacer) the same size as the marker light to move the camera farther out. The other is to move the camera farther down the side. I chose to move it farther down.

In my unit there is a wiring channel along the floor of the bedroom for the speaker wires. I tapped into the marker light and utilized the channel to run the wire further down.

IMG_2738.jpeg

d2freak82

I considered two ways of dealing with the problem of the awning arm blocking the camera view.

One was to 3D print a stand off bracket (spacer) the same size as the marker light to move the camera farther out. The other is to move the camera farther down the side. I chose to move it farther down.

In my unit there is a wiring channel along the floor of the bedroom for the speaker wires. I tapped into the marker light and utilized the channel to run the wire further down.

View attachment 68942
Huh, I was commenting earlier that I would do that very thing but was worried about the wiring.
I’ll take a peak and see if I have the same thing.
Did you go for the front on the other side? Or about the same position?

Bogie

Huh, I was commenting earlier that I would do that very thing but was worried about the wiring.
I’ll take a peak and see if I have the same thing.
Did you go for the front on the other side? Or about the same position?
On the off door side I just removed the marker light and replaced with the camera. My cameras have an integrated marker light.

david-steph2018

d2freak82, we have a friend that had the same issue. The way it was solved was he used a cutting board trimmed to the size of the light. Installed behind the light and caulked around it.