Sink fell out!!!

61Hawks

I know things need repair on all rvs and I have always had a sense of humor about them. On our first trip and after driving 10 hours we noticed the kitchen sink fell out!!!! I am still laughing but am really surprised that they attached the sink with four small blobs of white silicone. OMG..I'm thinking of using PL Premium to re-attach it. Any other thoughts or ideas on this. Thanks

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Were there any metal clips under the sink cabinet base to hold it in place? If not there should have been. You could call HL service and have them send you some or go to HD or Lowes and buy some which might be quicker.

I thing I have never been clear on. Does HL install the sinks or do they come pre-assembled from the cabinet maker. Either way....someone screwed up.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If it's the stainless steel double bowl undercounter sink, they probably didn't attach the REQUIRED mounting clips. Look inside the cabinet at the flange of the sink. Adhesive alone is not enough.

Westwind

This has been an on and off problem - I had to reattach mine also when it separated from the counter by about a 1 to 1 1/2". Of course it wasn't easy due to working room constraints. That when I wished I was skinny with long arms and long skinny fingers. Of course I have none of those. Used clear silicone glue caulk around the edges and then screwed the missing clips on from underneath.
I had to disconnect the drain pipes to make room to work.

donr827

Thanks all. It's off to Lowes again lol
This would be a warranty item. You can use any repair shop you want to as long as you call HL customer service for preapproval. The person who is suppose to attach the clips must have been on break when the trailer passed his station..............Don

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
This would be a warranty item. You can use any repair shop you want to as long as you call HL customer service for preapproval. The person who is suppose to attach the clips must have been on break when the trailer passed his station..............Don
It's definitely a warrantied item but sometimes it's just easier and a lot less time consuming to take matters into your own hands. There are many things I do that at least I know it's been done right.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It's definitely a warrantied item but sometimes it's just easier and a lot less time consuming to take matters into your own hands. There are many things I do that at least I know it's been done right.

Same here. The photos show the underside of my sink and the clips. I was missing the two in the front of the sink, but was able to get easier access to them by removing the two "sponge drawers" that flip open under the sinks. The photos are from the cabinet at the corner of the kitchen counter. After installing the two clips, I ran a bead of silicone around the joint of the counter and the sink (on top, not underneath).

You can get the clips from HL, they are about a $1.50 each. But the cost for Shipping & Handling will make you gag. Try a plumbing shop or the big box stores. Push comes to shove, you can make your own from thin steel bar stock. That slot in the center isn't necessary.
View attachment 31266View attachment 31267View attachment 31268

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
We had that happen in our big horn and replaced necessary parts and found while traveling with the sink covers on they would bounce as we went down the road since than I do not travel with the covers on and they went into drawers and never come out unless I need to us the sink area as a counter. In our second HL coach and have not had any issues with the sink dropping again.