Slide Alignment

Birchwood

Upon arrival in SC last week we had an incident with the doorside slide on the Landmark.
When extending the slide it stopped after 2 feet and then I notice one of the recliner
foot rests opened causing this failure.Closed the foot rest and continued extending but there
was still binding and the slide began jerking.I heard something crack outside and noticed
the handle ring on the topper snapped off.After 7 hours on the road I want this slide to open.
After saying a few choice words continued extending side and ok.Retracted the slide just to see
if everything was ok and it was.
The only thing after all this is the slide floor seems a little higher than it was before all this occurred.
The joint seems more noticable (visible) and you can feel it more with your feet.
Has anyone ever had this occur and what does actually happen when something gets caught in
your slide ?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The Hydraulic ram for that slide is on the opposite end of the recliners, so it is possible that you may have jumped a tooth on the rack. It sounds like the slide is now not going all the way out. How does it close? Is the seal on the outside squashed tight? And what about the seals on the inside when the slide is out. Is there a gap now? Maybe just requires a little slide adjustment to get things back to normal.
That handle ring on your slide topper is called an anti billow device. It is there to prevent the topper from billowing in the wind when you travel. It can be replaced and they cost less than $20. HERE is one on ebay for $12. About a ten minute job.

Peace
Dave

Birchwood

The slide seems tight against the wall inside and when its retracted it seems tight also.It would probably
only have to be out of alignment only slightly to cause the floor to not set tightly in place.I will have to get it adjusted
somewhere but its not a big issue at this time and maybe it will correct itself??? when we travel to FL tomorrow.
The anti billow device should be purchased today at CW. Thanks for this information