Slide Clearance Issues

i4110peter

20180929_135852.jpg20181003_114930.jpgJust wondering if anyone has had issues with the slide clearance when closed. We are going to have some warranty work done due to the slide hitting the fridge door causing damage. As you can see from the pictures, where the dining room slide comes against the island, there is no clearance. I will probably end up cutting the dining room slide base back where it comes in contact with the island. Any thought? Thanks in advance.

Peter

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not quite sure what the first picture represents but I have heard of someone moving the island to create a bit more clearance.
As I recall the move was only about an inch and the island is just held down with a couple of screws.
The PEX will bend and the hard drain line might be movable at the P-trap.
Would that work for you?

Peace
Dave

jerryjay11

First pic appears to be the dinette table close to the fridge door. But if the floor wood below the carpet doesn't hit the fridge I'd not worry. With our RL250 I remove the table top and lay on the dinette seat to gain access to the bathroom as long as I remember to bungee the bathroom door open before running the slide in. Could do the same with your table yop I suppose.

i4110peter

I'm not quite sure what the first picture represents but I have heard of someone moving the island to create a bit more clearance.
As I recall the move was only about an inch and the island is just held down with a couple of screws.
The PEX will bend and the hard drain line might be movable at the P-trap.
Would that work for you?

Peace
Dave

Thanks for the reply. The first picture show the clearance between the island counter top and the fridge door. The second picture show how high and close the dining room slide is against the island. I'm afraid that the lip on the dining room slide will need to be trimmed back to allow the island to be moved in that direction.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ya looks like you'll need to move the Island over about 1" I'd say.. That's what I would do. There should be a happy medium right in the middle.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I think I get the picture now.
A couple things come to my mind here now. The island top is just screwed to the base. Maybe the top can be moved a bit.
And if the slide carpet is not digging in too deep you might be best off just leaving it.

Peace
Dave

Bones

I agree with a couple comments below. I would strongly suggest moving the island. It looks like the wood slide floor is actually hitting the bottom of your island.

carl.swoyer

View attachment 59616View attachment 59617Just wondering if anyone has had issues with the slide clearance when closed. We are going to have some warranty work done due to the slide hitting the fridge door causing damage. As you can see from the pictures, where the dining room slide comes against the island, there is no clearance. I will probably end up cutting the dining room slide base back where it comes in contact with the island. Any thought? Thanks in advance.

Peter
Peter I had the same issues on my 2012 Landmark Rushmore. I opted for the adjustment.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

CoveredWagon

We had a similar issue. Our dining table was hitting the the island when fully retracted, just a kiss, but it was enough to leave wear marks on both the table and the island cabinet, not the sink top. I was going to move the island a bit, but then we wouldn’t be able to open the refrigerator door with the slides in. I opted to remove the table top and cut 1/2 inch off the wall side of the table top (our table is wall mounted) then shifted everything back 1/2 inch and now have 1/4 inch of clearance.

i4110peter

I think I get the picture now.
A couple things come to my mind here now. The island top is just screwed to the base. Maybe the top can be moved a bit.
And if the slide carpet is not digging in too deep you might be best off just leaving it.

Peace
Dave

Moving the top is the best idea and will suggest that when I take it in for the warranty work. Thank you and God bless.