Slide delamination??

ChopperBill

:confused: Brought our "06" 3055 home to clean it out to get ready for the new 3610RE and looked under the slides. The bottom of the slides are a solid sheet of plastic or some other material like the siding is made off. No way it would delaminate, ours looked as good as the day we bought it. What am I missing here?

DXprowler

I'm sure you looked at the pics others have posted with this problem/solution so perhaps there was a design change between then and now?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Other than the bedroom slide, ours are the black plywood, similar to what has been presented as delaminating. But, only our main slide (living room) has the edges exposed below the side wall trim. And it's only about 1/4" exposed and it is also coated black (sealer?) The kitchen and entertainment slides don't show the edges. I'm thinking if I just paint on a sealer annually, it should protect the edges without adding the aluminum angle. Mine made it extended through last summer without a problem. Looking at them the other day, they're still good as new.

vangoes

All three of our slides on our 07 3055rl had the exposed 1/4" of plywood in the slide flooring. I noticed an area of water absorption in the bedroom slide the first year we had the unit so I caulked all three slides along the exposed area. I have not seen any further damage and it has been over three years. This was a simple fix of a potential serious problem that should have not existed to begin with. I do not understand why this is still a problem with the newer units. Its not new news!