Slide Floor De-lamination

Jarhead

USMC Phantom Phixer
Just a quick note from Production:

"We have now added an plastic L shaped molding to the bottom corner of the slide room floor. The plastic goes on and the fiberglass covers the edge. The fiberglass is covered with the flat rail which has butyl tape on it. The plastic is attached with 3M tape."

Jim

I don't have any plastic on the bottom of the slides and the edges are delaminating "Big Time". Our unit is less than 6 months old.

bigbird272

Poor Quality Control

I have a deal pending on a 2009 Bighorn 3580. It is brand new at a dealer. I have given a deposit and was going to pick it up in 10 days. It is a beautiful trailer and we full time. After all I have read concerning Heartland I am ready to walk away.

They only offer a 1 year warranty and no structural warranty. I can see why they would not offer a structural warranty as they would be to busy repairing their shoddy construction methods. I have owned three trailers and with the last two I had one with 3 year structural warranty and one with 5 years. You would think Heartland would stand by their products.

There have been so many posts here with people having water leaks etc. I am concerned that I am making a huge mistake in purchasing a Heartland Product.?

Rick

280BH

It has been a few months and I forgot to post but Heartland did get back with me. After a discussion about the problems and the fact that a previous attempt was made to correct this when it started they agreed to do the repair and cover it totally under warranty. This was an extensive repair and they covered every bit of it. We are extremely pleased with Heartland and the assistance they provided us through RCD RV our dealer in Hebron OH.

fjspinelli

Common Sense Jake
REVISITED: Slide Floor De-lamination

OK, so back in 2009 I did exactly what Heartland directed me to do. I contacted the Plastics company that supplies the floor and they sent me a can of this really nice glue/plastic coating to apply to the edges of the floor. I cleaned the substance that was coming from the plywood and carefully applied four coats of this product to the edges. The beginning of the 2010 season I watched the slides very carefully and everything looked OK. Fast forward to about a month ago - I am watching the slide come in and I notice that the trim piece is moving as the slide moves. Two slides in later and the floor has become disconnected from the sidewall - WTF!!!! Examination shows signs of the plywood behind the trim rotting and water appears to have rotted the entire length of the slide floor at the edge. :mad: I am going to contact Heartland today. There additionally appears to be only one screw that held the sidewall framing to the slide floor? Access is impossible from inside because the drawers on the dinette don't have a release from the track!

I am sorry I have not been as active as I should have been on this forum. I might have saved myself some heartache and traded this thing in after I fixed this issue and discovered the rear walls had come loose.

Attachments

• Slide Floor 1.JPG
    Slide Floor 1.JPG
    743.7 KB · Views: 168
  • Slide Floor Disconnected.JPG
    Slide Floor Disconnected.JPG
    690.6 KB · Views: 154
  • Slide Floor Rot 1.JPG
    Slide Floor Rot 1.JPG
    644.6 KB · Views: 144
  • Slide Floor Rot 2.JPG
    Slide Floor Rot 2.JPG
    757.1 KB · Views: 137
  • Single Screw holding Slide Wall.JPG
    Single Screw holding Slide Wall.JPG
    700.4 KB · Views: 130
  • Rusted Trim Screws.JPG
    Rusted Trim Screws.JPG
    755.6 KB · Views: 126

fjspinelli

Common Sense Jake
Re: REVISITED: Slide Floor De-lamination

Parkland's Guarantee

Limited Warranty Parkland Plastics, Inc (hereinafter referred to as Parkland) will, for the original retail purchaser and at Parkland's option, refund the purchase price or replace materials that are found to be defective to due manufacturer, provided they are: (1) installed in accordance with Parkland printed installation instructions and (2) reported within one year of the purchase date. Any implied warranty shall expire one year from date of purchase. Claim for refund or replacement should be made to the vendor from whom the material was purchased. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warrant lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. This warranty applies to reimbursements or replacement for Parkland™ products only and specifically excludes payment of costs of any other kind related to the original or replacement installation. Parkland shall not be liable for incidental or consequential incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state.

Time to step up Heartland!!!

tmcran

Re: REVISITED: Slide Floor De-lamination

I had similar problem but not near that bad. HL sent me the metal trim piece's to attach to the sides and bottom of the slides (L shaped..) When I removed the original trim pieces on the bottom I found only 2 screws were really holding fiber glass sheets to the floor. The others looked like yours. I re-drilled holes and put in stainless screws. I could not see any problem with where the walls are attached to the floor. I would sure suggest that folks check this and be sure the screws are really holding something. I also checked for water damage and didn't find any at that time. Strangely about two weeks ago I was at an RV place in Ft Worth and a fellow had his Sundance in for about he same problem you are having... not a happy camper. Good luck and stay in contact with HL. I have found them helpful.