Slide issues 2014 R3010 Bighorn

Engine5

New to Heartland so let me apologize in advance if I am posting in the wrong place

New camper has been in the shop for a month for punch list. Picked it up yesterday for an up coming trip while checking off the punch list at the dealer two of the items have not been completed. The first right side slide interior seal had not been replaced (it was torn near the bottom by a trim piece being cut to short). The factory sent the wrong one so I am a little aggravated that they have had it a month and could not get another seal in.
The second item is the left slide does not seal properly when out or when in (the front seals and when measured has 1" clearance from the wall, the rear you can place a finger between the seal and the wall and it measures 2" clearance). Obviously it is not adjusted right and the dealer is contacting Heartland to find out why they can not get is adjusted properly, any suggestion on what to look for on the slide adjustment or say when I take it back?

danemayer

Hi Engine5,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Sorry you're having problems getting your BH repaired correctly.

Although I've never personally adjusted my slideouts, in looking at them, it doesn't really seem like it's very complicated. I'm surprised that your dealer was unable to adjust it correctly. I'm even more surprised that they didn't get technical assistance before returning the trailer to you. You might want to discuss this a little further with the service manager.

You can also take a look in the manuals section of the forum. We have a number of manuals that include instructions on how to adjust the slide. The manuals there may or may not be exactly what you have, but you can get an idea of how the adjustments are done.

As for service turnaround time, what you've experienced seems pretty typical across all brands and at most dealers. Dealer service departments are almost always backed up on work during camping season. When parts have to be ordered, it's not unusual for a dealer to lose a few days or even a week between the time the tech determines what's needed, and the time the parts person actually places the order. With multiple people involved in the order process, it's also pretty easy to order the wrong part. Then when the part arrives, it may sit for days before the tech comes back around to installing it. I know I've had to work with the service team, let them know my expectations, and follow the process closely to minimize turnaround time.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I believe that most slides across all brands are the same. The slides are not hard to adjust. They can be tilted in or out and made to pull in or out tighter by simple adjustments. I did both my bigger slides in about an hour using a ratchet, socket, and an endwrench. It just might be the tech working on your coach has no ides what he/she in doing. Thats not uncommon. The old saying holds true..."I used to want to be a mechanic and now I are one".

ssmith

Have a similar issue with the left slide on my 3070 BH, although it seems to be sealing OK. Also, the right side drops an inch or so when reaching full open. Dealer says this is normal, though I will check with factory. Unit is in for final warranty work right now, after 10 months trying!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Engine5

Update on the slide issue dealer had camper for two month's but it is fixed,had different tech work on it along with other items being repaired biggest delay was they kept receiving the wrong parts from the supplier. Air conditioner has not worked right since we have had but the dealer could not get it to act up until the day I was suppose to pick it up, so while it was aggregating not having it to use I am grateful it finally did what I had been complaining about and for the inconvenience they topped off the LP tanks. So next week we head to jacksonville NC to watch our son graduate school of infantry.