Slide Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonesj2

OK, just we have an 09 Sundance 2900MK, found out the bedroom slide is leaking. It is leaking toward the closet. Sprayed bunches of water around the window, nothing. Sprayed toward the rubber seal and found that is where the water is coming in. The seals are very plyable and roll and in and out as they should. I know there is a what is called a dam under the slide that is curved to shed water from coming in. I am thinking it is 2 pieces of metal that are sealed with silicone.

My question is how do you remove the rubber seals without tearing them up. I feel if I can remove the seals, I can apply silicone around the dam where the 2 pieces of metal overlap hoping that would stop the leak.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Look near the top and bottom of the rubber bulb seal.
Under the bulb, you should see a screw holding it in place.
Once you remove the screws you should be able to slide the rubber out.
Oh, I would not use silicone.

Peace
Dave

jonesj2

Thanks Cookie, for the info. No I will be using the type of chemical that is supposed to be used. I did not know the actual name of the product.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Give HL service a call. They had some seals you could add to stop this a few years back. Little foam pieces if I remember correctly....have CRS at times.

jonesj2

OK, pulled the seals and sure enough the dam has fallen off. It only had one screw installed in it. Per the question from tncram, yes it is in the corner. Pulled the moulding off and pulled down the plack protective covering and found the floor is soaked full of water and will have toe be replaced. I have posted on ask the factory and on the contact us at the Heartland homepage. Hopefully I will get an answer on how to move forward.

danemayer

Since the follow on action is under discussion in Ask the Factory, I'm closing this thread to avoid duplication.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.