Slide not moving

Interested if anyone else has had this problem and their solution. Parked my brandnew BG 3970. One button controls all four slides. Slide with frig went out half way then one side stopped and the othe side kept going. After several minutes of (internal cussing). I discovered the bolt that holds the bar that turns the gears had fallen out so only one side would move. Any one else have this problem? Think I am going to duct tape all 10 bolts to make sure they stay in place. Any other solution?

Thanks,
Commnder 05

I can sure relate to duct taping the bolts! Thread lock by Loctite is another solution but that would require loosening the bolts and torqueing them down again which is labor intensive. I spend a good amount of time just checking for missing and loose screws/bolts etc.

wdk450

I can sure relate to duct taping the bolts! Thread lock by Loctite is another solution but that would require loosening the bolts and torqueing them down again which is labor intensive. I spend a good amount of time just checking for missing and loose screws/bolts etc.

Go to the hardware store with a sample nut, and ask for NYLOCK nuts with a nylon insert on the threads. These were developed for high vibration areas in aircraft, where nuts vibrating loose could cause a lot more serious problems than those of a RV slideout losing synch.