Slide out not level when extended

Fbody87

The slide out on my 2015 North Trail 26LRSS when extended always had a slight tilt away from the trailer. You can see the slide is not level as you look at the gap on the interior trim on the slide. It is tight against the trailer wall on top, but has a gap of around an inch on the bottom. When looking at the trailer from the outside you can also see there is some tilt away from the trailer. I used to think it was so any water would drain away from the trailer, but in comparing to other North Trails, they look level when extended. I took it back to the dealer where they adjusted the slide out which improved it, but it still is not level.
When retracted, it fits flat against the trailer with no issues. I was informed this was a normal condition for this trailer. It functions normally and has no other problems other than my obsession with it not looking level. Anyone else run into this and is it normal as I am being told?

Steve and Karen Kraus
with our 3 faithful companions Piper, Marley and River
2015 Heartland North Trail Caliber Edition 26LRSS

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If you can still see light showing thru at the bottom seal......your dealer did not fix it. Call HL service, have your VIN# handy and inform them what your issue is and make sure they know your dealer did not fix it the 1st time.

Normal condition??? BAH HUMBUG

NHCelt

Yepp....exactly.
If you can still see light showing thru at the bottom seal......your dealer did not fix it. Call HL service, have your VIN# handy and inform them what your issue is and make sure they know your dealer did not fix it the 1st time.

Normal condition??? BAH HUMBUG