Slide out size 2013 3585RL

Can anyone tell me the size of the living room/kitchen slide for the 3585RL Big Horn? Mine is in the hospital right now or I would go out and measure it. Reason I am asking, as a new 5th wheel owner, I came a wee bit to close to the corner of the house(slide was in) and just slightly bent in the trim that sits on the top of the slide. Didn't bend it enough to hold the slide out when retracting, but doesn't look very nice. I took it in to my wonderful General RV shop in Wixom where we purchased it and they gave me an estimate of 3,600.00 just to replace the trim at the top. 24 hours of labor! 4 hours just to put one of the decals on. They said just turn it in to my insurance company and I would only pay the 500.00 deductible. Well fine but then my rates will probably triple. General is just taking advantage because its a claim. So I decided to spend the 500.00 on one of the slide covers which could hide "my mistake" and keep out the junk and any water as well. I checked and it looks like no seals were even broken at the top. Wanted to price one but would have to drive 40 miles to General to measure the slide. Thought someone might have that unit and could tell me. Thanks, Rick

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if this will help since my 3585 is a 2011, but the slide is 188 inches. That's outside trim to outside trim. The trip hangs 3 inches beyond the slide wall on each side.
4 hours to put on a decal ???I have done a couple of them and it didn't take near that long.
You can purchase that graphic from Heartland. You could also buy the trim work.
Shipping something that long will kill you, but Goshen is not that far from home. Road trip??

Peace
Dave

Thanks Dave, not sure what I will do yet but will NOT let General touch it. They must have got their revenue training from the oil companies. Can't believe they think I'm that stupid! I've rebuilt engines in less time than that.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I just measured mine and my slide (2013 3585RL) is the exact same as Cookies. The exterior dimension of the slide minus the trim is 182 inches. Hope this helps so you don't have to take the drive just to measure it.

Rod Ditrich

Thanks Rod, yes it helps. Can figure what size I need. I've got a 2012 350 King Ranch. How do you like yours, have 11,000 miles on mine with no problems.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
We absolutely love our F350. We traded up from our 2003 F350 (also a dually) with the 6.0L and there is NO comparison! We get better mileage and have a much nicer ride

Rod Ditrich