Slide out

All of a sudden one of our living room slide will not work. When you push the button to put the slide out all you can hear is the click, click, click, like it is not connecting with the motor, and the slide does not move :( Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so how did you fix it?? Thanks

stevenssr

Are you plugged into shore power when this happens? How old is your battery? I usually try to investigate power related possibilities first.

we are plugged into shore power. I read through some of the forums and came across someone who was having the same problem as we are and will try the fix they used this evening..It appears with them they had the slide pulled in too far and it jumped out and needed to be manually moved to pop it back into the mechanusium (sp) I will keep you posted on how we make out..Keep your fingers crossed that we have as easy a fix as they did. Also we just used it the weekend before and had no problems..The power is good as we were able to put the oppossing slide out and back in again..Thanks

Ok, we fixed the slide and it took about 30 seconds. We used the outside rachet on the opposing side from the slide and one small turn and I heard a click and went inside and tried the button and it worked :) It must have just popped out of the gear and with the small turn it was back in.So thankful because as everyone knows there is only a 1 yr. warrenty on the trailer itself and I am sure it would have cost a bundle if I had to take it anywhere.. So glad this forum is here :)