slide repair

I just bought my 2018. unknown to me there is a small section of rot in the rear inner corner of the left hand bedroom slide. Is it possible to epoxy this without rebuilding the floor.

danemayer

Hi nuggetmike,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'm having trouble picturing the inner corner of the bedroom slide having water damage. When a bedroom slide floor gets wet and rots, it's typically an outer corner. Do you know how the rot came to be?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Actually I am in the middle of repairing rotted floors in my daughter's camper slides.
The first thing you need to do is identify and caulk the source of the water leak. The previous owner may have already done that.
Then make sure that the rotted wood area is completely dry.
Purchase some liquid epoxy like Git Rot or similar product that is used in boat repair. Follow the instructions.
I also used some aluminium angle to seal the edges. I would post a picture but I'm 200 miles away at the moment.
It can be done. Her dealer wants 4 grand per slide.
Good luck.

Peace
Dave

carl.swoyer

I just bought my 2018. unknown to me there is a small section of rot in the rear inner corner of the left hand bedroom slide. Is it possible to epoxy this without rebuilding the floor.
On my 2012 Landmark I had a soft spot on the outer edge right in line with the roller.
I removed the outside trim to expose the damage. With a dewalt multi tool and a chisel I created a pocket.
Then ran some hardwood through the planner. Gorilla glue and reinstalled the trim.That was 4 years ago.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

The back of the bedroom slide is right over the rear tire. It appears water is being thrown from the tire to the bottom of the slide. Will send pic when allowed to post.