Slide room floor bowing down

We have a 2010 Cyclone 3950 and I have recently noticed the front edge of the living room slide bowing down when the slide is out. It seems to go back up in place when the slide is in. I took off the trim pieces to see if the screws were coming out and found a pencil and a penny wedged in between the frame work and the plywood. The pencil had been squeezed in there during construction and had finally worked the screws loose and separated the floor from the wall.

Also I have read on other threads about the ends being sealed with trim strips. This does not seal this area in the least! I have pulled the trim strips off and found moisture in behind them on the plywood and we have not run through rain for a few days now.

I also noticed the insulation in the slide wall starts about 8-10 inches above the bottom of the slide. Very poor construction and it allows condensation in the area.

More reasons never to buy another Heartland!

jrm111

I just bought a 2008 3490BHS, it is new never used or registered. Got it home and opened the slides, did some inspection only to find the bunk house slide rear floor was rotting. Also discovered the wood accent trim around the dining room / sofa slide has swollen and crack the wood finish. I called my dealer and Heartland Customer Service. My dealer was ll over it, but talking to Customer Service wasn't fun. No sympathy at all and kept blaming it on the dealer. They are replacing the floor and trim but it was like pulling teeth and Heartland will not cover the labour for the repair. My first contact with Heartland Customer Service was over three weeks ago and they just put together the order now. We camp seasonally and are moving to a new waterfront site and will likely now have to miss opening weekend. Thanks Heartland!

VTX1800

My entire slide bottom fell out of my 2009 4012, costing me thousands to repair, and to got no sympathy out of Heartland.